Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Baby Browning safe queen restore

Do we know if the trigger is in the cocked or fired condition ? i.e. is there slack in the trigger or is it also frozen solid?

User

GG, can you post pix of the gun? Particularly the rear of the slide.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will post pics and updates as soon as I can get my hands on it again, can't take it with me as it is licensed under my mothers name. I know they are not worth much, but it is more like a little project for the sake of keeping it in the family. My mother wanted to hand it to the police, not on my watch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockGuy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will post pics and updates as soon as I can get my hands on it again, can't take it with me as it is licensed under my mothers name. I know they are not worth much, but it is more like a little project for the sake of keeping it in the family. My mother wanted to hand it to the police, not on my watch.
    Funny coincidence actually, I am in a similar position. An uncle of my wife wants to get rid of a baby browning, also very unloved, also was contemplating giving it in. So we might be "brothers in arms" soon

Hopefully the one I'm getting does not need this much admin to run again!

After a +- 30 hour bath in turps I managed to get the slide loose and the round out with some tools and a hammer. Now the soak in some Trisol and WD40 has started to get going with the rust. Now to find the best way to licence it as my mother said I can have it as a gift for not giving up on it, any suggestions? Will OSS be possible? Will post pics tomorrow from PC. I don't care if it is a silly FA. This is my project now and it is going to be MY silly little FA. Already thinking mini kydex holsters and cerakoting just because.

Banned

OSS or SD are the only possibilities except DSS for mini box gun through NSA. It should not matter that much - a good motivation seems to be able to get you a license. They might be "silly little mice guns" but I would rather carry one of them than a stick. How do you want to cerakote it?

Banned

+

Quote Originally Posted by bmeagle View Post
    Try brake cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    OSS or SD are the only possibilities except DSS for mini box gun through NSA. It should not matter that much - a good motivation seems to be able to get you a license. They might be "silly little mice guns" but I would rather carry one of them than a stick. How do you want to cerakote it?
    I have already got my G19 on SD so will try the OSS route, otherwise NSA might be a good plan because I want to acquire more FA's in the future. Does the licence just carry over to my name? In the event that my application is denied is my mother then still the licenced owner? She still had it licenced with the green card, but cannot seem to find the card. I have no idea about the ceracoating yet. Will have a look at a few designs.

Banned

It is a complete application. The firearm stays on her name if the application gets turned down.

User

Get a permit to store then you can keep it in your safe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast