Default Churchhill 30-06

Hi,

Just looking for some advise around a Churchhill 30-06 rifle. What are peoples thoughts around the firearm. I wanna start hunting with it, wanna shoot some small and some medium size game. Kudu's, Buck, etc not Buffalo's, etc

User

Hi,

are you looking for advise around buying the rifle, or do you already have it?

The .30-06 loaded with 180 grain loads is (in my humble opinion) the nearest thing there is to a good all-rounder. It will shoot flat enough to take shots out to 20 yards and it will hit hard enough to drop anything short of an eland with ease. With precise shooting. it can be used for eland as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by umshiniwam View Post
    Hi,

are you looking for advise around buying the rifle, or do you already have it?

The .30-06 loaded with 180 grain loads is (in my humble opinion) the nearest thing there is to a good all-rounder. It will shoot flat enough to take shots out to 20 yards and it will hit hard enough to drop anything short of an eland with ease. With precise shooting. it can be used for eland as well.
    Umshiniwam: Most calibres will shoot flat enough out to 20 yards
    Just becarefull not to get powder burns on the animal as it might ruin the cape.....
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Umshiniwam: Most calibres will shoot flat enough out to 20 yards
    Just becarefull not to get powder burns on the animal as it might ruin the cape.....
    Oops...