Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: BLACK FRIDAY @ RHT

Quote Originally Posted by HaulnZ View Post
    If your mark up is as low as "mic" says then i'll apologise for my comment. But 5% seems as if you not even trying.
    You know what's awesome, you can choose where to shop. So stop being a doos to some of the nicest people in the industry and go spend your money at the 10% discount gun shops.

User

If your mark up is as low as "mic" says then i'll apologise for my comment. But 5% seems as if you not even trying.
    Have you ever been to Rescomp ?! Their prices are always good, even without 5% discount. Their service is the best I've ever experienced, they're never in a hurry and always willing to chat about guns and gear, whether you spend R100 or R10 000 with them.

I really find your comments offensive HaulnZ, I'd rather refrain from saying anymore.

User

Wow! A whole 5%! Someone hold me back!
    Not that I am an industry expert or anything, but let's assume the OP (the dealer) has a profit margin of 15% on said items (I believe that to be a fair financial assumption as the economy is not doing so good and we are basically avoiding a recession).

Now if he offers you a 15% flat discount he will not be making a profit that month. No, he definitely won't, however you now might even argue that he will "breaking even", well yes and no. Yes, according to the accounting B/E he will but not according to the Cash flow and Financial B/E analysis. You have to take into consideration his cash flow position at the time as he will have obligations/"dues to pay". So before making a sarcastic/mean and harmful comment look at the situation from a financial point of view please.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Wow! A whole 5%! Someone hold me back!
    This is such a dick comment. Any discount is a score. Have you ever considered how much stuff needs to be sold by a retailer to just cover costs let alone pay salaries?

User

I see HaulnZ received the

User

I think you're looking at it the wrong way, when shops offer 50% off you know they're fleecing you in the first place, some people here will know what the RHT margins are and only they will know if they're fleecing us or not, but I've always found their prices to be reasonable and their staff friendly and helpful

User

I am glad HaulnZ was banned. His comment was uncalled for.

I am waiting for some stock to hopefully arrive next week, so I won't be able to make use of this discount. But I will still support RHT. My limited interaction with them they have always been friendly and helpful and their prices are competitive.

And free bump from me for their discount.

User

I have been watching this thread with interest, so hear is my comment about RHT.
    I have bought there in the past, will probably again as they are close to home.
    When buying they ask me if I have a business to which I reply no, If I ask why they ask, they tell me I can get discount.
    So when I ask but as a cash customer why I can't get the discount, silly answers follow.
    My brother and I both bought CR Speed belts, he wears it as his EDC belt, every day.
    It is unravelling at the seams and the Velcro is full of "fluff"
    When enquiring about the warranty or repair, another no.
    You tell me what to make of it/them

User

Chrisvw: I was at the shop when your brother wanted to return the belt. I do not believe many, if any, clothing retailer ( cause that is what a belt classifies for, IMHO) would warranty a product that was worn everyday for a year, as per the customers own admission. Things wear out if you wear or use it everyday, even a quality product.

You can get a bussiness discount at Rescomp if you are a Registered Firearms Dealer and thus basically buy wholesale articles. Not every person at RHT work with all the Wholesale buyers on an everyday basis. It is thus customary for some of the staff to enquire if you are a dealer or not.

User

Wait is @Chrisvw complaining that he could not return a clothing item that he'd used EVERYDAY for A YEAR?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast