Default BSA from my grandfather

My brother the lucky bastard was given my grandfather's .22 brno and a bsa air rifle. My grandfather says he cant see the sights anymore and the fact my brother is the oldest and has the first great grand son he can have them.

Any info on the gun will be appreciated and where in Pta we can have it serviced:

User

Default Re: BSA from my grandfather

On the air rifle, check out this pom:
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/

There are some resources there to identify and date the air rifle.

Thank you speensalf. My grandfather is now 84 and he got the rifle from his dad.

User

Have also a BSA Airsporter hat was bought in 1977 and looks exactly the same for barrel, trigger and stock. Only the rear sights are adjustable for distance with a little wheel.

User

Got one exactly like that. Mine was made during the period 1948 - 1954. Lovely guns.

User

Good morning all

My apologies for the hi-jack but starting a new thread with the same name is a waste. I inherited a BSA (i think it is a Lincoln Jeffries) from my grandfather. The only writing legible is "patented 1907", and from various google searches I narrowed it down to the Lincoln Jeffries, or at least a form thereof, the front cocking levers tend to differ. Mine is exactly as the picture attached.

I still shot this gun probably 10years back, and would like to restore it so that I can shoot it once more. The catch that holds the spring (i assume) when cocking the gun does not hold anymore. Can you possibly refer me to someone in the Pta area that might take an intererst to open her up, replace the spring etc? Or is it a job I can do myself?

Attachment 22472

Also has anyone imported from http://www.airgunspares.com/store/ca...coln-Jeffries/ ? Are they reputable?

Regards
    H