Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default IDPA Scoring for Dummies

Found this pdf and I think its pretty useful if you want to learn the basics of IDPA scoring

http://necpl.com/images/pdf/IDPA%20S...%20Dummies.pdf

User

Thanks. That's very useful

User

Is there a " how to load enough rounds into the mag for the string for dummies" for DrDave.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Is there a " how to load enough rounds into the mag for the string for dummies" for DrDave.
    Ouch!!!

Good thing 'I' never did anything dumb in MY life, eh Dave?

Just teasin' bru...you have had a great learning experience, and no, I will NOT tell you all about the time I left home at 3AM on a callout for an armed robber who had 'bailed' with no pistol in my holster and had to drive two miles back home to get it!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Brilliant story ikor! Wait till BigT tells you how I chamber-checked my pistol by putting the palm of my hand over the muzzle and pushing back. As I did it I thought to myself "Oooh, now this is a bad idea". Brain fart...

User

Bro that one I had no intention of going into detail about.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

thank you for sharing , it amazes me how the guys whizz through shouting out the final points down in split seconds and i am still counting the first target!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    Brilliant story ikor! Wait till BigT tells you how I chamber-checked my pistol by putting the palm of my hand over the muzzle and pushing back. As I did it I thought to myself "Oooh, now this is a bad idea". Brain fart...
    And don't EVEN remind me about the time I 'dry fired' a .45 revolver thru my pickup truck's windscreen! (A 230gr FMJ .45 will make a nice hole in a glass windscreen at 2ft...trust me on that!) Been tempted to write up an article on 'Great Misses I Have Known' like Skeeter Skelton back in the day.

The only people who don't have 'stories' have just not handled guns long enough...the important thing is that no PEOPLE were injured...which demonstrates decent handling skills. Perfect? No, but decent IMO.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Dr Dave

As I understand it this was on a standards, I think it is the SO's fault - he should have ensured that you had enough ammo, most likely did not give you a chance to reload.
    Probably put up to it by a detail who felt intimidated/threatened by you.

I would have a word with theMD about that SO. . .

Default IDPA scoring for dummies

Thanks for the article very useful as a training aid by clubs for candidate SO's and general shooters. Pitty they get it wrong in the last paragraph under how close is close.

Yes the benefit goes to the shooter if you raely can't call if it is cutting the line or not, however shooter must shoot/earn their points. SO's who are lax on this loose the respect of the detail they are SO'ing quickly when they made incorrect scoring calls.

Pg 44 rule book " when in doubt of a scoring call, always award the higher value to the shooter. This also applies to doubles. THIS DOES NO AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT EVERY MISS IS A DOUBLE. ADDITIONALLY A TEAR IS NOT USED TO GIVE A SHOOTER A BETTER SCORE. IF YOU CAN TELL THE ACTUAL AREA OF THE BULLET HOLE AND IT DOES NOT REACH THE HIGHER SCORING RING, THE SHOOTER GET THE LOWER SCORE EVEN IF THE TEAR REACHES THE NEXT HIGHEST SCORING RING.

Pg 10 C 16

On cardboard targets the outside area of the grease ring must touch the perforation of the scoring zone to score the higher value (RADIAL TEARS AROUND THE BULLET HOLE (AS SHOWN IN THE pdf DOC) DO NOT COUNT FOR SCORING PURPOSES.)

they got it confussed with the next section which deals with target fired on at extreme angles (such as twisters, or runners fired upon at a oblique angle or then metal target stands which might be used are hit (splatter does not count for score!) Elongated bullet holes in the paper brought about by the above type of cercumstances do not count and will be scred as misses.

This does not apply to a target engaged straight on (90 degrees) and the bullet key holes. normally this gives you the exact side on profile of the bullet as it passes through the target(flat square base and round shape of the profile of the bullet as looked at side on).

Hope this helps - otherwise a graet article, just a pitty they get it wrong right at the end, and possibly create some confusion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast