Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Question Durban Knife Stores?

Hey there! I was just wondering whether anyone in KZN knew of any local stores that stocked Spyderco folders? I'm a firm believer in trying before you buy would REALLY like to get my hands on a few Spyderco knives before I commit myself to a "blind" purchase.

I'm looking for a an EDC knife in black ideally in S30v or something similar. I'd like to be able to sharpen my knife myself without any hassles and would prefer a drop or spear point shaped blade.

With the above in mind, I've been considering either the PM2 or Manix2 with the Delica 4 as a last resort.

Regarding online stores are there any other dealers apart from Sharp Edge, that you guys could recommend, please?

User

Default Re: Durban Knife Stores?

Ihawu in New Germany keep spyderco, and Performance Archery just around the corner in St Johns avenue also have a wide selection of knives.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Ihawu in New Germany keep spyderco, and Performance Archery just around the corner in St Johns avenue also have a wide selection of knives.
    +1

Kings also has a range of knives

User

Performance archery is decent, Marco is a top guy. Ihawu usually has better prices, Pro Defence in Dbn north allegedly has a decent selection however i have no been to their store yet.

User

Their selection isn't huge at all. If you're looking for somewhere to get various ones in hand, of the places mentioned about, I'd say go to Performance Archery

User

Ahoy there mateys! Thank you all for the great suggestions! I'm going to try and pop into those stores and treat myself to a belated birthday present. I've decided I want BOTH the Manix 2 and the PM2 or perhaps the Delica 4.

I've decided that the ONLY way I'm going to wind up justifying purchasing a new shiny or perhaps two is to convince my fiance that she needs one too. Unfortunately my reasoning that a sharp and shiny Manix 2 to carve the Christmas turkey and smear P&B sandwiches is not working too well.

User

Well just think how opening things with a knife will prevent her nails from being broken

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Hey Charou , no a shop as such but a visit to HARM is well worth it. When he did offer retail he carried stock. Maybe he has stuff there that you may like.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I have never seen a Manix 2 for sale in Durban unfortunately.

User

Cool Re: Durban Knife Stores?

Good morning! Just thought I'd update everyone. I've been scurrying around to various stores in Durban and have been like an excited kid in a candy store who's just realized that he's given his parents the "slip".

As I entered the first store I was met by this shrill squealing of delight (somewhat like the sound your significant other makes when you've left the toilet seat down) and I wondered whether I had stood on some poor sod's foot - ONLY to realize that the squealing was coming from me. I promptly shut up and tried to act all cool whilst trying to restrain the boyish enthusiasm that was racing through my veins and sending me suggestive thoughts about touching EVERYTHING in the store!

I tried many many a knife and really liked the feel of the Kershaw Cryo, however the weight sadly put me off. I came across a few Spyderco's and instantly fell in love with the Tenacious. It felt just right in my hand and virtually weightless in my pocket. I had to restrain myself from yelling various Lord of the Rings and King Arthur references and suppress my glee at finding something that not only looked good but felt perfect in my hand.

I can see why so many of you guys are Spyderco aficionados! I got my fiance to drive us home whilst I lovingly caressed my new knife and hummed the James Bond soundtrack. Sadly my fiance has put her food down at me sleeping with the knife under my pillow and insisting she call me Braveheart or Legolas. The cat and dog are also going on strike and are now refusing to be my props whist I act out various scenes from the movie 300.

Anyway thanks to everyone who suggested the stores. I really had fun browsing through some of them. I'm still on the hunt for an all black non-serrated PM2 and most probably will try and get one online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast