Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default GOSA and gun rights in 2016

Welcome to 2016.

This promises to be a big year for South African gun rights.

GOSA pretty much led the fight last year, and has built up a huge head of steam for the year(s) ahead.

We have led the fight in Parliament and in negotiations with the Police Ministry and the SAPS themselves.

We ran an outstandingly effective "16 Days of Action" during end November and up to the 15th of December during which our "Girls on Fire" stepped up to the plate and changed the entire narrative regarding protecting our society from the ravages of criminal violence.

Even last week, between Christmas and New Year, your GOSA team was hard at work consolidating and reforming the organisation to better attack the tasks that lie ahead.
    - we opened our new bank account in Stellenbosch,
    - we established a Steering Committee to take us forward into a General Meeting later this month where we will adopt our new constitution and elect a new exco.

GOSA will be developing a proper paid membership structure in the months ahead, which will incorporate all of the current (unpaid) members and those generous donors who have been supporting us thus far. I will communicate this structure as soon as we have finalised it.

In the meantime, please continue to support us financially. We have done a huge amount with very little (comparatively), just imagine what we can do with more...

Some of our current initiatives:

Our "Girls on Fire" have a massive programme laid out for the year ahead. Look out for them at your local gunshop, shooting club and at Huntex.

Our legal team (now called Legal Team GOSA, but soon to take a new name) has been highly effective in shaking licenses loose from the CFR tree. They have been operating pro bono thus far, but will have to start charging for their services soon. GOSA will provide them with a monthly stipend to fund their basic operating costs so as to have them available to us on a moment's notice.

Our Media Team has come together quite nicely and now has several dedicated Spokesmen (these include women... I am trying as hard as possible NOT to fall for the politically correct terminology), including myself, Aziza De Villiers, Ludwig Churr, Kgofu Koape, and Sean Freeman. We are backed by a team of media experts and journalists.

Research Team GOSA has developed significant traction and will be preparing and releasing a series of rebuttals of current and incorrect quasi-research, as well as releasing our own peer-reviewed South African research.

Sport-shooting Forum (initiated by GOSA) is the single political representative of EVERY sporting code in SA, and will be starting our 'Gun Friendy SA' programme of firearms safety training with the SAPS this year.

Yours in gun rights
    Paul Oxley
    GOSA Interim Steering Committee.
    Last edited by Paul; 03-01-2016 at 11:37.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Default Re: GOSA and gun rights in 2016

Amazing stuff, I wish all the other firearm related bodies who happily accept my money were half as active in defending our rights as GOSA has been. Well done all involved, this is exceptional.

Brilliant stuff Paul, go GOSA. It will be great to see all the plans rolling out.

User

Awesome. Will be supporting all the way! :)

User

Fantastic! Great news to kick off 2016.

User

Awesome work! You will have my continued support!! Well done & all the best for 2016!!

User

Great stuff!

User

Go GOSA!!! Thanks team!!! Looking forward to watching your progress and helping where possible...

User

Great stuff!

Will smash the share and like buttons!

Glad to see that even my meagre donations are appreciated and are going for a good fight.

User

GOSA added to my beneficiaries list, will be making a monthly contribution.
    Thank you to all involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast