Default Murdered man had premonition

Murdered man had premonition
    2010-03-16 09:14

Marietie Louw-Carstens, Beeld
    Johannesburg - A man who was murdered on his farm in Limpopo at the weekend had told his daughter "more than once" that something was going to happen to him and his wife.

Albert van Deventer, 63, was shot dead on Saturday night on his game farm, Langwater, near Vaalwater.

Liza van Deventer, a photographer at Media24 and the victim's daughter, said her father and mother, Hannetjie, 64, had built their dream home on the farm when they retired, about two years ago.

"There have been problems ever since they moved there. The anxiety of the farmers in the area was tangible. My parents were told one horrific story after another, of vandalism, farms being invaded and murder," said Liza.

Shot in face

Van Deventer was overpowered by an unknown number of attackers when he went to move the garden sprayer at about 19:00 on Saturday.

He was shot at close range in the face. He presumably died instantly.

The attackers then ran to the kitchen where Hannetjie was. They tied her up, blindfolded her and dragged her around the room. Later, they took off her clothes.

She was afraid she would be raped and begged the attackers not to do so.

"Then they laughed and left her like that," said her daughter. The attackers asked for money and the safe keys.

Van Deventer stored his hunting rifles in the safe.

The attackers fled in a bakkie with the cellphones and with the locked safe on the back.

Killers crash bakkie

After they left, Hannetjie was able to free herself and ran to her husband in the garden, but he was already dead.

She then walked barefoot through the veld for just under a kilometre to her neighbours for help.

The murderers crashed and rolled the bakkie near Modimolle. The police found the locked gun safe there.

Liza said her father was kind, fair and did a lot for other people. "We're going to miss him very much."

Eight people, including Van Deventer, have been murdered on farms in Limpopo since the start of February.

- Beeld
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

explain to me again why the commando's were disbanded again?

User

Albert van Deventer was a good friend of mine's Uncle...

My prayers are with their family... Shattering to loose a loved one to such cruel animals!!!

And we thought the Voortrekkers had problems in the days of Piet Retief ?

Not to speak ill of the departed, but I have to wonder why...if he had a 'premonition'...he was not carrying a gun? True enough, a gun cannot save you from everything, but it sure beats a harsh glance and a stern word. CCW is for always...not just when you 'feel' threatened.

Still, it is the bad guys with whom the blame lies and not him. May he RIP.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I'm neither religious nor superstitious, but I do believe in the ability of the subconscious to pick up on things that don't reach the level of perception. If you get 'that feeling', bug out quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    I'm neither religious nor superstitious, but I do believe in the ability of the subconscious to pick up on things that don't reach the level of perception. If you get 'that feeling', bug out quick!
    +1000

either that or be extra vigilant,
    to secure peace is to prepare for war

User

And the ANC says this is "just crime". No political or racial motive despite the brain farts of Mal-enema. I am also amazed by these farmers though. They tell each other crime horror stories but still live in condition white. WTF. They need to start packin' so that they can wack em' and stack em'.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.