User

Default EEZOX & TW25B temperature limits

According to the manufacturers these things work up to 232 deg celcius which doesn't seem like much when playing with fire

Both can be applied inside the bore according to manufacturers.

It's quite difficult to get solid answers of how hot guns get. I'm mostly interested in semi-auto pistols, ak variants and AR15's especially during rapid fire

It's probably fine in pump shotguns but I'm trying to figure out if its a bad idea to use these products close to hot parts instead of something with higher temperature ratings.

Your thoughts & experiences?

User

Default Re: EEZOX & TW25B temperature limits

My firearm that gets the hottest during sports usage is my shotgun. Some 3GN shotgun stages we will run 30 odd bird, a couple of buck and a couple of slugs, in as fast a time as possible. Putting it nicely: it gets damned uncomfortable to do off the shoulder loading while holding it with your left. I doubt it even reaches 100-150 deg then. It's hot enough to scald the palm of your hand but certainly not that hot. 30 shots through the AR15 doesn't seem to heat the AR as much as the shotgun (thicker chamber/ heavier barrel per calibre diameter?). My handguns never really get that hot - the stages aren't big enough (IDPA, IDPA DMG, 3GN).

User

Thanks for the reply dux. Good info

User

I typically use grease on friction areas in semi autos and I use Slip for lubrication. I use Eezox lightly over areas to prevent rust.