Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Enduro riding.

Banned

Default Re: Enduro riding.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    The KDX 200 was a brilliant allround bike but seems no longer made. Two stokes on the whole are simple and require very minimal maintenance unless thrashed. 4 strokes unless properly serviced used to (I don't know about now) have a bit of a reputation for blowing motors.
    You can still pick up KDX200's at good prices and spares are always available. I had a KDX 220 for a short while.

User

KTM300exc here. Never wanted a thumper always a 2stroke engine guy.

User

I ride a KTM 200 XC-W love it but it gets a bit hectic with no electric start my next bike its a must and although I'm 1.53m 73kg I would go 4stroke too old for a screamer just want to enjoy the fresh air on a leisurely ride.
    On that note who in KZN rides I need to learn Newbie here

User

Quote Originally Posted by sohail1 View Post
    I ride a KTM 200 XC-W love it but it gets a bit hectic with no electric start my next bike its a must and although I'm 1.53m 73kg I would go 4stroke too old for a screamer just want to enjoy the fresh air on a leisurely ride.
    On that note who in KZN rides I need to learn Newbie here
    that's the exact reason I bought the 250 (electric start ) , I find the 250 to be tamer than the 200 , I think its the power to weight ratio. Anyway I love the bike and it rides like a dream !

User

For your height and weight go ktm 300 unless you hell bent on a 4 stroke.
    On the 300 you wont have to upgade later, tame enough to start with to, plus bonus of elec start.

User

The KTM's are nice, but damn expensive compred to what the others are going for .

User

just be patient, if you buy a racingbike make sure you know the owner or your mates do, the time for those bikes might have lapsed ,normally sold around aug - oct when new models come out,
    hang in their
    great sport to be in

User

So I have decided on a bike model I want.

Maico 700, everyone is invited to my funeral lol

All jokes aside, I want to get myself a WR250 2T or YZ250 2T and change the gearbox at a later stage and perhaps add the big bore kit if available locally.

Any advice on this bike, what to look for and what to stay away from and so on.

Thank for all the advice and PM's thusfar.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    So I have decided on a bike model I want.

Maico 700, everyone is invited to my funeral lol

All jokes aside, I want to get myself a WR250 2T or YZ250 2T and change the gearbox at a later stage and perhaps add the big bore kit if available locally.

Any advice on this bike, what to look for and what to stay away from and so on.

Thank for all the advice and PM's thusfar.
    You don't get the WR250 2t anymore, only option is the YZ250 2t with wide ratio gearbox and flywheel weight. Its a awesome bike I had 4 before I got my 300 they are bullet proof.

I would suggest try and get one thats already converted as the conversion is not cheap but the cost of the bike are be the same, also try and get a long range tank as the std tank is very small.

When finding a bike look at the linkage (rear suspension) if it is squeaky and has play its a good sign the bike was not maintained. That said if you do get one you have to grease the linkage every 6 - 12 months depending how often you ride.

One dealer you can speak to is Shimwells Yamaha, they know the YZ like nobody else.

User

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40...troke-for-2016

2T wr250 is here but you will have to get it brand spanking.

A 250 2 stroke is a lot of bike for a novice rider but sure you will be fine, enjoy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast