Thread: Quest Bullets

User

Default Quest Bullets

Don't know if any of you guys know/are using Quest bullets? Would just like to give my feedback on them. I've used the 0.71mm 180grn flat base for the last couple of years in my .308 and am amazed at their performance. I've cut a Rhino bullet in half and compared it to the Quest 2mm jacketed bullet and it looks very similar. I must add the Rhino mushrooms with 4 nice pedals where this bullet makes a ball after mushrooming but non the less I've got the results I wanted. All of the bullets are core bonded and custom orders can be placed. His prices are also very reasonable. Unfortunately Petrus only makes rifle bullets and not pistol bullets. His website is www.questbullets.com

I am in no way related to Petrus or his company - just a satisfied customer who would recommend his bullets with confidence.
    Last edited by Nortier; 18-03-2010 at 20:18.

I have also loaded some 215gr .303 bullets, and must say the groupings I had for a first time was not bad at all. Have not had the opportunity to hunt with them. Petrus did take some time to make my bullets, but he did deliver at the end of the day. Luckily you only pay once he has finished. It took about a month longer than he said.

He also writes on the boxes the minimum and maximum weight for the bullets in the box, so that you can see how closely they are matched in weight per batch.

With regards to the Rhino & Quest bullets looking similar, I read/heard a story somewhere that they use to work together or something (Kobus & Petrus), or maybe it was the guy from Claw bullets.

All three are very similar (core bonded) with some difference between them, apart from the fact that they are locally produced.

User

I have also used them (.308win, 150gr rbt, .71mm jacket wall thickness) rather accurate but have not had a chance to test them on game.

User

Like the rest have mentioned the accuracy is excellent. That by itself says something about the bullets and how it is made. After I found the sweet spot I shot a one inch grouping at 250m (3 shots) with a standard .308 rifle. Also mentioned - the only drawback is Petrus can take his time. What I do is I order about 500 bullets at a time and order again when there is about 100 remaining. This may work for guys like me to buy in bulk - who has tested the bullet and already have developed a good load. It may frustrate a first timer to the product who wants to test the product/develop a load and buy in small quantity's at first. Ether way in my case the price and performance made up for that.

User

I've heard about Quest bullets, but not much. I like the fact that they are core bonded.
    What time frame can one expect between ordering and delivery?
    Pity he seems to be producing only bullets in .30 calibre, or is that going to change in the future?

User

Thomast I don't think he will produce other calibers but it can't do harm to contact him and find out. Give him at least two months. Otherwise let him understand that you can't wait that long and hopefully he can make a plan for you.