Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Gun shop employees and side arms

Why, to what end?

User

So that the staff at the very least have some knowledge of the intricacies of carrying a firearm, and for invade the worst kind of unlikely event happens and some people decide to rob the place

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    So that the staff at the very least have some knowledge of the intricacies of carrying a firearm, and for invade the worst kind of unlikely event happens and some people decide to rob the place
    Which apparently happened at City Guns. However, majority of the staff is armed and was due to this that the would be robbers fled when all of them exited the shop armed.

User

I remember hearing about that incident, must have been funny to see.

User

Good morning all

I had a similar run in as the OP however the gun shop employee was OWB carrying completely visible with his shirt tucked in behind the FA. I was unfortunately driving in the opposite direction that he was walking with cars behind me so could not stop to speak to him.

How should one approach this? Confront the person carrying or rather the employer? I am not keen to point out the person/shop nor to make a fuss about it but the act and rules are clear and with the amount of negative publicity FA owners are (wrongfully) getting this needs to be addressed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HJordaan View Post
    Good morning all

I had a similar run in as the OP however the gun shop employee was OWB carrying completely visible with his shirt tucked in behind the FA. I was unfortunately driving in the opposite direction that he was walking with cars behind me so could not stop to speak to him.

How should one approach this? Confront the person carrying or rather the employer? I am not keen to point out the person/shop nor to make a fuss about it but the act and rules are clear and with the amount of negative publicity FA owners are (wrongfully) getting this needs to be addressed.
    I would mention it to the employee once he re-enters the store. If he tells you to stuff off, then I would take it up with the manager.
    It's best to sort these things out quietly rather than kicking up a fuss and bringing bad light to the FA-world.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HJordaan View Post
    nor to make a fuss about it but the act and rules are clear and with the amount of negative publicity FA owners are (wrongfully) getting this needs to be addressed.
    Is GOSA doing so well for us that we have to invent problems.

I have not once heard anyone besides gun owners complaining about OWB carry.
    Everyone understands why it is wrong, just leave it alone before it is just another own goal.

User

But we can't be seen condoning illegal activities either.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Is GOSA doing so well for us that we have to invent problems.I have not once heard anyone besides gun owners complaining about OWB carry. Everyone understands why it is wrong, just leave it alone before it is just another own goal.
    I agree 100% with this. I don't understand why some firearm owners feel the need to try to police and try to correct these gunshop employees.I feel it's not my job or my place to "take them on". Police visit these gunshops on a regular basis and they don't seem to have an issue with the employees openly carrying.Personally I have no issue with this. And I know my local shop's employees shoot and practise on a very regular basis. And when they leave the shop, they untuck their shirts and cover their FA's with their shirts.I actually feel less safe in a shop with no employees carrying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    But we can't be seen condoning illegal activities either.....
    But is it illegal?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast