User

Default Moving soon... Submit app now or wait?

I recently purchased a Beretta Model 71 .22LR pistol and will be licensing it for NSA rimfire division and cheap practice and plinking.

I'll be moving at the end of March to a place literally just down the road, so same area and DFO.

Should I submit now with current circumstances and do a change of address notification while the app is likely still in process or wait til after I've moved? Or should I mention in my app that I will be moving to the future address?

User

Default Re: Moving soon... Submit app now or wait?

You have to wait so long for the license anyway and you'll have to submit a change of address for you other toys so you might as well just send the app in now and do the change of address for everything.

Banned

Yes.

Just kidding. You'll have to prove where you live, so if you want to use the new address, you'd need to supply the signed lease agreement (if you're renting). They're only going to come inspect your safe after the license has been approved (that's how our DFO operates at least), so if you're in before the license is approved there's no problem I can see. Just mention you're moving, but that the supplied address is the one you'll be residing at by the time the app has been processed.

User

I would suggest doing it now. Never know what surprises CFR has in store at the end of March.

User

Yeah think I'll get on it ASAP with current address and such, but include the fact that I will be moving and give the new address and the fact that I will be moving my safes and installing them as per standards, blah blah.. and then do the move notice early April.

Thanks for the input, as I typed the OP I kinda answered my own question but appreciate the feedback.

User

Beretta 71... Such fun.
    AND, ammo seems to last much better than with a minigun!

User

I ran into this same question a year ago. I moved about 50km away into a different DFO jurisdiction. I was told that I could get the card from the new DFO since they would send the card to the DFO relevant to the address on the system. Untill the card was printed that was. Ended up driving 100km just to pick up a card. Anyway, in this case, since it will be the same DFO, apply now and get it done.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

P2W submit as per normal. When you move advise the DFO as per normal.