Default Licensing more than one revolver under Section 16

Hi guys

So I'm trying to figure out the motivational requirements for owning revolvers under a Section 16 license. Bearing in mind that my Section 15 and 13 handgun slots are already taken up by 9mm pistols.

I understand that handgun hunting is a legitimate reason for owning a 357 magnum revolver - say from a 4 inch barrel upwards.

But what would be a motivation for owning a snubbie in addition to the above revolver? Would you then have to license the snubbie for Dedicated Sportshooting? And if so, is there even a sportshooting category that specifically requires snub nosed revolvers?

Secondly, going by the above scenario, would you then be forced to be both a Dedicated Hunter and a Dedicated Sportshooter, thus incurring membership costs to at least two organisations as a result?

What I'm trying to ascertain is whether there is a single route that would allow you to motivate for more than one revolver, rather than going both the Hunting AND Sportshooting route to own a full size and a snub nosed revolver?

Looking at the NSA handgun category, it seems they simply require a handgun. Thus my existing pistols would likely be deemed already sufficient for handgun shooting needs under NSA, and it seems unlikely that a motivation for additional revolvers would succeed if one follows the NSA route.

So, to those who have multiple S16 revolvers, how did you go about licensing them?

Banned

Default Re: Licensing more than one revolver under Section 16

Different guns for different categories at NSA - you can even license a pistol and a revolver per category because they are widely differing firearms.

A snubbie falls in "small box" category whereas a 4" barrel fits the "hunting rollie" group. There are other possibilities as well, like the service pistol or large bore categories.

You already have two handguns so you would need to have at least designated status; DSS would be the best for your requirements. With NSA you should be able to compete with a hunting revolver in the postal/inhouse competition.

Default Re: Licensing more than one revolver under Section 16

Thanks a lot DS J.

I will look into the NSA categories more closely.