Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Manhunt after Ekurhuleni metro cop shot dead while fishing

Just saw the bastards have been caught. Vehicle recovered and two pistols recovered. Including his service pistol. In Etwatwa.
    Last edited by RAGE; 28-01-2016 at 22:47. Reason: Spelling

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Don't know if they are targeted for their firearms. They are probably targeted as they are alone and perceived to be vulnerable, look at the attack on Sean Murphy. He was also out fishing. Only difference is he was probably mentally prepared and then acted decisively.
    Not sure of the exact circumstances around Major Coerts death, but I for one can tell you that in a fishing environment. They can get very close to you before you spot them. And at Aston lake, foot traffic isn't uncommon. His mind would have been in the right place. And from what I have heard from his colleagues he was a VERY "capable" man.

This is such a sad situation. A stand up law enforcement officer takes a day off to do something he loves. Probably to clear his mind. And some f$$$nuts decide to take his life for his belongings(I'm sure he would have put up a hell of a fight). In the one report, it says guys from his unit went to see him and left at 13:30. The ground keeper found him at 14:00. The set up at Aston, someone definitely must have heard the shots. A few loose strings from what I have been able to put together. Just happy they have been caught.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    Just saw the bastards have been caught. Vehicle recovered and two pistols recovered. Including his service pistol. In Etwatwa.
    Pity there wasn't a shootout

WZ deletes your post and writes: You make stupid posts on this forum suggesting the extra-judicial execution of people at your peril. 30 days time out.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 29-01-2016 at 07:35.

Back on topic.

It is sad that we have to put up with being unsafe in our country.

I wonder if he even had half a chance to put up a fight?
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

The fact that he was stabbed and shot makes me think he probably fought back.

I know it is completely unscientific and may be wrong, that's just how I picture it.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    Rage, where did you get the info?
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Theft from and attacks on fishermen are happening all of the time. Within the community, discussions on fishermen having their stuff stolen, even when fishing at private resorts, are very regular. Attacks on the public, not just fishermen, at our urban dams are also very regular. At Wemmer Pan, my favourite combat fishing venue, a guy was robbed two fridays back. He just stopped at the dam to take a walk. 4 guys, with at least one firearm tied him up, robbed him, took his car keys and took a laptop from his car.

Since the attack at the Rhodes Park dam, the metro cops have been more regularly visiting many of the parks and dams in JHB. While I apreciate this effort it is a token effort at best and shows just how badly the metro police leadership is and how ignorant they are on the subject of policing our cities. Let me eloborate.

They arrive at the park and very seldom leave their vehicles. So basically they sit in the parking area for half an hour, in their vehicles, and then leave. Surely, they can do better than this. A bit of pro active policing takes very little effort.

Get out of the vehicle. Walk around the park. Greet members of the public. Have a couple of friendly conversations with us. Criminals hanging around the parks do not like to be noticed or recognised. If the police move around and engage the public, most of the criminals will feel uncomfortable and leave. I know that the metro police and SAPS have many other things to do but at least spend the time in the park in a constructive manner.

I will be doing a Specimen Carp session at Wemmer tomorow. Getting there early in the morning. Eyes will be peeled, chamber will be loaded. Attitude will have no fucks to give.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

http://kemptonexpress.co.za/103344/e...s-behind-bars/

RIP Major.

Makes me beyond mad. This killing of people for their stuff is just incomprehensible to me. An 81 year old guy stabbed to death in the head while in bed in our suburb last week - what did they take ? A Mazda Etude vehicle FFS.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk777 View Post
    Rage, where did you get the info?

You have P.m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast