Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    Although I hear you and your point is valid.
    If you want to retain members and promote and grow the sport, you need it to well organised, [b] and the members to know when the shoots are![b/]

If you want pins in Gauteng to grow you are going to need to sort this out.
    I don't feel Mountain Tactical can do that for you.
    They (Mountain Tactical) represent Pin shooting in Gauteng.
    If there are other clubs up in Gauteng please point me to them.
    Mountain Tactical is the club which which shoots at the Roodepoort Internation Shooting Range (old Cecil Payne).

As A case in point I went to the website you put up for pistolBoy, and the GPSA - dates are wrong! Don't mean to bust your balls on this, but if you have info on a website it needs to be upto date and correct.
    Valid points and noted. This will come up in the next SAPSF meeting.
    About the website. Can't agree more. In the process of updating the info and ***ntionality of the site. The dates on there was for 2009 in any case. Should give you a clue as to the update date. But we now have a dedicated web master. So the site will be much better very soon.

Thanks for the input.

As for the Gauteng branch and if there are other clubs. I'll have to follow up for you on that. Keep watching this thread. Also SAPSF is in the process of re-organising the entire membership management structure. So provinces will be sending the dates to SAPSF and SAPSF will be forwarding all the information to it's members. Province admin should be limited to organising and running events and accomudating their shooters. The nitty gritty of managing their admin should be left to the national body. It's not any province's fault. The system was just legacy and worked well when pins was hosted by 1 province only. It cannot be run like that anymore and 2010 is a big year for getting us back into 2010 and not a flat file system pre 1980.....technology wise anyway.

Maybe check back with Pins in 2011. You'll find it a totally different sport. Well in organisation anyway. The core will still be good old fashioned fun. :to:

If one wanted to start another pin club up in Gauteng, could this be done and what hoops would need to be jumped through from a national body point of view?

I would like to see membership of all shooting sports increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    If one wanted to start another pin club up in Gauteng, could this be done and what hoops would need to be jumped through from a national body point of view?

I would like to see membership of all shooting sports increase.

This was looked into a while back. If I recall, SAPSF said no.

My last experience with pins was also appaling. Arrived at the appointed time. Match organiser arrived 30 minutes later. He did not have the key to the container. More waiting.

Thorkind and I carted all the pins down to the range, this by the way is no change from the years before when we were more involved. Others sat on thier asses. Complaining.

Then it was discovered that there were no timers.

They shot pins, we set pins. So that was the same.

No scores afterwards.

I can do without the grabass douchebaggery.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

We have a really great active pin club in Pietersburg. Of course it takes a couple of really dedicated individuals to keep it running so smoothly.

Thanks Thinus and team
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Glock Goblin and SSP, this is news. We'll definately have too look into this.

I'll bring this up at our next committee meeting which is this coming Tuesday. I'm pretty sure you cannot start up another Provincial body but to open another club we will support. You'll have to affiliate your club to the Gauteng branch but your members will affiliate directly to SAPSF.

So as long as you have the equipment and at least 3 Qualified Pin Range Officers I do not see why you cannot start another club. The bigger the pool of competitors the better. I think most guys are tired of shooting against the same old guys. ;)

But I'll let you know what the committee say would be your best course of action. Just be warned Pin Shooting turns you into a revolver shooter. I use to hate them and now Revolvers have gotten into my blood. To the great dismay of SSP, ikor and BigT. Hahahaha

FrankH, yes Thinus is doing an amazing job. Limpopo is our biggest province (well membership wise) and he has quite the job managing all you guys. Hats off to him. Hence we are taking the pure membership admin and crying/screaming for Dedicated letters away form him. So he and his team can just focus on bringing you guys nicely organised league shoots. ;) The way it should be.

Banned

Glock Goblin and SSP.
    PM'd you both

Hope to have you guys in our ranks soon. ;-)

Potentpoefie aka LM you have your work cut out for you my friend. Tell these guys to move to the WP and they will be pleasantly surprized by well run events.

SAPSF said no to starting a club . What a crock of bollocks. I can't see the issue here if there is a call for it from shooters. Are the shooting clubs a cartel or what ? Is there a monopoly on shooting pins ? Does anyone pay our range fees, or donate money to our ammo cost ? If a shoot is well run, and people have fun, they'll be back again for sure, irrespective of the SAPSF opinion.

If SAPSF will sanction a Gauteng chapter, it's worth getting involved in the organising.

If SAPSF will not sanction a Gauteng chapter, I would still pay to shoot an unsanctioned pin shoot, and let the Pin Shooting Federation bend over and kiss it's overinflated buttocks.

If there is any one of you that is like minded and wants to see pin shooting get off the ground in Gauteng, let's do something about it, and the SAPSF can confirm it's position later.

I know for sure that every shooting range needs more revenue than it's getting, so I can't see a shortage of shooting locations. Personally, I like the weather in Pretoria on weekends, and the drive to Pietersburg is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    , I like the weather in Pretoria on weekends, and the drive to Pietersburg is too long.
    Weather is better- drive not that bad , besides we like having you guys here
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    SAPSF said no to starting a club . What a crock of bollocks. I can't see the issue here if there is a call for it from shooters. Are the shooting clubs a cartel or what ? Is there a monopoly on shooting pins ? Does anyone pay our range fees, or donate money to our ammo cost ? If a shoot is well run, and people have fun, they'll be back again for sure, irrespective of the SAPSF opinion.

If SAPSF will sanction a Gauteng chapter, it's worth getting involved in the organising.

If SAPSF will not sanction a Gauteng chapter, I would still pay to shoot an unsanctioned pin shoot, and let the Pin Shooting Federation bend over and kiss it's overinflated buttocks.

If there is any one of you that is like minded and wants to see pin shooting get off the ground in Gauteng, let's do something about it, and the SAPSF can confirm it's position later.

I know for sure that every shooting range needs more revenue than it's getting, so I can't see a shortage of shooting locations. Personally, I like the weather in Pretoria on weekends, and the drive to Pietersburg is too long.
    I agree it would be great to see more pin shooting happening here in Pretoria
    But what can we do i'd like to help i am getting my glock 17 hopefully before the end of the year and i'd like to join a club .....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast