Thread: ATN X-Sight

Default ATN X-Sight

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anybody can help me, I have been looking at getting my self a X-Sight Scope for a while now. Has anybody used one and what is the quality like? I don't want to waste my hard earned money if it isn't a good night hunting scope.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: ATN X-Sight

You can't go wrong with the X-Sight. If you are looking for a scope that will work day and night then this is the best scope out there.
    The optics and image quality is exceptional, especially during the day, and the all the features that it has makes it so much more than just a rifle scope.
    The X-Sight has Full HD 1080p video recording, GPS, altitude, compass and WiFi built-in. The latest X-Sight II HD even has range-finding ballistics calculating software in it!

The best feature by far is its night vision capability. The X-Sight is a digital night vision scope so it can detect IR light from an IR illuminator which will allow you to see at night. It isn't an image intensified night vision scope which amplifies the ambient light therefore it doesn't work as well without IR illumination. The scope comes with a detachable IR illuminator which will work up to about 100 m. It isn't the best illuminator but it works for the ranges that most people shoot at night. If you want to see further then you can get a more powerful IR which will work up to 300 m. The illuminator that it uses is 850 nm so it still gives off a red glow which is visible when you look directly at it. If you are standing 80 m away it is difficult to see the glow so it isn't something that you should worry about. The advantage of using an illuminator is that you won't need any ambient light for it to work so you can hunt when it is pitch dark, and night shadows won't be a problem. It will also allow you to see the eyes of animals at night which makes it super easy to spot them coming in.

Another great feature is the video recording, because you can relive the hunt and show others what happened instead of trying to explain it with words. It takes the hunting experience to a whole new level. It is something you can't get from a regular scope. Think of comparing a old Nokia 5310 to the latest smartphone, once you try it you won't ever go back to a normal scope. It really is the future.

The first batch of X-Sight scopes that were available in the country sold out in a matter of weeks and we've only had good feedback from customers. The original X-Sight has now been replaced with the X-Sight II HD which has even better optics and software. The demand for the scope is so high that ATN can't make enough of them. They have many thousands on back order so availability is limited. South Africa is one of the first countries in line to get the X-Sight because the guys from ATN will be at Huntex and they want to get it to SA customers before the hunting season. After this batch there might not be scopes available for a long time because we will be placed in the back of the queue for orders. If you are interested in the scope we advise that you pre-order one so that you don't have to wait months for new stock to arrive. Stock will be arriving in SA within the next week or two. The scope will be on show at Huntex but to be honest I think most of the stock will be sold by then. Personally I wouldn't wait till then because why would you want to if you can get it a month before?...

There are two versions of the X-Sight II HD available, the 3-14x and the 5-20x. The normal retail price is R 17 000 for the 3-14x and R 20 000 for the 5-20x but www.futurama.co.za has the best price guaranteed, always, on everything. Our price is R 16499 for the 3-14x and R 18 999 for the 5-20x. If you can get it cheaper anywhere else we will beat the price, and we courier countrywide.

If you want to chat to people that have bought the X-Sight go check out atnowners.com and for videos www.atncorp.com/channel. Most of the chat and video is about the first X-Sight so look for the X-Sight II HD stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
    Hi Guys

I was wondering if anybody can help me, I have been looking at getting my self a X-Sight Scope for a while now. Has anybody used one and what is the quality like? I don't want to waste my hard earned money if it isn't a good night hunting scope.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Hallo TrickyRicky

Hope you did not buy the X-sight yet.
    I have a Xsight 2
    The product is currently flawed with problems, most of which is on the firmware side.
    To keep this scope going you need to update the firmware which renders the core operation of the scope functional. These FW updates are far apart from each other and ATN just dont get by with fixing the problems owners have to deal with. I'm not to happy with mine and stuck with several problems.
    Note that some of the functionality critical to operate the scope and as advertised on the packaging and on youtube as well as from ATNs' website DOES NOT EXIST.
    Be very careful to believe what you see on youtube. Youtubers only show you the nice part and hides the problems. They earn money doing so.

You can visit www.ATNowners.com and www.gunsumerreports.com/review_atn_x-sight_p1.php and http://manual.atncorp.com/xsight2/ (as for the ATNcorp site, most functions does not work) for a realistic idea of the problems owners are dealing with.

If you do buy! Ensure you understand the """south african consumers protection act""" to cover you in case of product return.

You are welcome to contact me and I will give you a detailed rundown of problems I'm dealing with.

For starters: the IOS app does not work and wifi comms will be problematic.
    The "smart shooting solution" function does not work, does not even exist so as for bluetooth. And this is the function that really is suppose to make this scope what it is advertised for ito 'integral balistic calculator'.
    Others are Power issues etc.

If you do buy: Go to the a dealer in person, let them take out the scope for you and power it up, ask them to show you the bluetooth icon and the "smart shooting solution icon". If none of those two icons exist LEAVE IT THERE without buying.

Do your research well before buying with respect to the mentioned sites given!!!
    ATN does not currently respond to complains to sort out the firmware which renders the scope completely useless.

Regards

Ok we have some progress here.
    The IOS application has been sorted out with Version 3 as of from 17 May 2016.

The changed the app completely to what it looked like before, and the main thing about it is that it works very well.
    This should be great news to ATN x-sight 2 owners.

Thanks to ATN, now we just need a proper firmware upgrade to iron out the other small issues.