Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT917CS

User

Default Taurus PT917CS

Hi all,

Been looking at the Taurus PT917CS for a while now as replacement to my Star Firestar Plus as my carry gun.
    Anyone had any experience with one? They are reliable from what I've been told, shoot straight and have decent carry capacity.
    Importantly spares are also available and not too expensive either.

All comments welcome.

User

Default Re: Taurus PT917CS

The ones I have seen have worked really well. Just remember locking blocks dont last forever. I would be remiss if I didnt ask why not a Glock.

No experience with the PT917CS, but the design looks pretty much the same as the PT911. If this is the case, I don't think you'll be sorry. As far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong) the PT911 is based on the Beretta 92 design and is built very strong and durable (and the safety catch is in the right place). Shot one some years ago and liked it a lot. It was actually on my list as a carry gun some time ago as well.

Most of the Taurus range seem to be pretty good. The small polymer framed pistols are not known for strenght/durability, but all the steel framed pistols appear to be very good.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    The ones I have seen have worked really well. Just remember locking blocks dont last forever. I would be remiss if I didnt ask why not a Glock.
    Ok, good to hear. Already own a G22, was looking for something else.
    Also been looking at H&K P30/USP Compact, probably better apart from expensive and expensive parts!
    Thanks for the reply BigT.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    No experience with the PT917CS, but the design looks pretty much the same as the PT911. If this is the case, I don't think you'll be sorry. As far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong) the PT911 is based on the Beretta 92 design and is built very strong and durable (and the safety catch is in the right place). Shot one some years ago and liked it a lot. It was actually on my list as a carry gun some time ago as well.

Most of the Taurus range seem to be pretty good. The small polymer framed pistols are not known for strenght/durability, but all the steel framed pistols appear to be very good.
    Hi Count,
    Yeah, they are based on the 92. I like Taurus in general, not sure about the 24/7 or Millenium series, but I hear the 24/7 is a great pistol.

Just remember locking blocks dont last forever.
    As far as I know, Taurus spares are not that hard to come by. Not too sure about the price, but I can't believe that it'll be extravagant to the likes of Heckler & Koch.

Might be a good idea to get hold of a local Taurus dealer and find out about spares/mags etc.

HK parts might be expensive, but the chances of needing any is very slim. My USPc spares have been lying in my save for years now, none used. Mags might be an issue though.

User

917 based on the 92 the 911 has a sig type lock up.

User

Just remember locking blocks dont last forever.
    As far as I know, Taurus spares are not that hard to come by. Not too sure about the price, but I can't believe that it'll be extravagant to the likes of Heckler & Koch.

Might be a good idea to get hold of a local Taurus dealer and find out about spares/mags etc.

HK parts might be expensive, but the chances of needing any is very slim. My USPc spares have been lying in my save for years now, none used. Mags might be an issue though.
    Got a mate who's a dealer, he's checked on spares availability for Taurus, not an issue at all.
    H&K on the other hand can be an issue, mag prices are INSANE!!

24/7 feels nice in the hand. I haven't shot one, so that's about as much as I am willing to comment on them. I don't like the millenium series. They seem a bit petite to me and I've heard of issues with the frames cracking after not-so-extended use.

Besided, I'm not a big fan of sub-compact guns, but that's just my opinion. USPc/G19 is the perfect size for concealed carry. Small, but still shootable.

Remember, a guns is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

User

24/7 feels nice in the hand. I haven't shot one, so that's about as much as I am willing to comment on them. I don't like the millenium series. They seem a bit petite to me and I've heard of issues with the frames cracking after not-so-extended use.

Besided, I'm not a big fan of sub-compact guns, but that's just my opinion. USPc/G19 is the perfect size for concealed carry. Small, but still shootable.

Remember, a guns is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.
    Agreed. Not a fan of sub-compact's either. The G19/USPc is brilliant and the right size/weight for me.
    That said I sometimes carry my G22 which isn't that bad.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast