Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default AK high wear areas

Hi was wondering if we could get a thread going on high wear areas on the ak platform, front trunnion, bolt, bolt assembly touching rear trunnion etc etc etc

Would be interesting to see which brand shows what wear.

if possible include round count with your pics

User

Default Re: AK high wear areas

Some things to look out for:

User

thanks holding,

I've done 800 rounds in my type 56, no peening on the carrier, bolt is GTG, rear trunnion is marked from bolt carrier contacting/touching (need to check if this is normal or if I need a new recoil spring)

on the front trunnion left of the feed ramp where the bolt locks I have a wear spot, on the right of the feed ramp a straight line wear mark, as far as I understand these are normal, however I would like to check it against other rifles for comparison, will post pics

here is a video with a mak90 (sporterized type 56 for the states) that was modified and 19 000 rounds put through it, that should be enough info haha

the only difference is this one is milled, we all have stamped type 56's

User

The guys at Battlefield Vegas had an interesting writeup about the life span of AK's.

The milled ones did not hold up significantly better than the stamped IIRC, but I may not recall correctly.

Banned

Only 4 posts on such an interesting theme - I think it translates to " 'nough said" about AK's breaking

User

Do yourself a favour and find The AK Operators Union on YouTube.
    The host has no mercy for his rifles and has very interesting topics he addresses.

User

have been in contact with rob ski from akou4774 previously...he is dead set that the norincos are an extremely good rifle, south Africans suffer from "its Chinese its crap" mentatlity.

anyways he said if he gets his hands on a MAK90 he will do a test for us as its basically what we get in south Africa

Gents the idea here was to post different variants to see which holds up better in what areas..... you know cause norincos are crap and you can get a saiga which is made by izmash!!! IM trying in vain to post my 900 round wear marks, but having no success

User

I haven't put anywhere near 900 rounds through mine but will post pics after next range trip as it'll be easier to see wear marks with dirty internals.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    he is dead set that the norincos are an extremely good rifle, south Africans suffer from "its Chinese its crap" mentality.
    WHAT Norinco? The commercial stuff most people are buying are not the same standard as the milspec one and there have been some returns because of cracked receivers.

The milspec stuff is very durable but the stuff usually seen in the hands of sports shooters not quite so much.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast