Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default In the middle of a gun fight

So yesterday as i am driving on the N1 there is a saudden stop in traffic people are running everywhere and police and security are running around with R5's as i am trying to make out what is happening shots start ringing out police firing from the right and bad guys firing from the left about 5 meters in front of my car, i see badguys running across the road and one gets hit by a truck. The others start going up the side of the highway all the time shooting back at the police and the cars the police were shooting back all just one crazy event kakked myself a little bit have to say was very impressed by our police running head first into the incoming fire and returning fire brave men. Also interresting to see the badguys while running away still firing back at the police and also a first seeing a bg getting hit by a truck.
    All I know is that i dont ever want to be in a gunfight.

http://m.ewn.co.za/2016/03/23/One-critically-injured-in-shootout-on-N1

User

Default Re: In the middle of a gun fight

Hectic. One of those interesting events I have no desire to spectate on. Any innocents injured in crossfire? Vehicles damaged? I imagine bullets go all over the place, especially given the criminals firing while retreating.

User

Not that i know of i obviously did not stick around for longer then i had to. Reports afterwards said nothing of damage or innocents

User

The truck hitting the BG couldn't have been pretty.

User

Something similar happened to me years ago on the Paul Kruger out of Springs. A car cut across the traffic, and guys tumble out of it and run into the bushes. Next thing cop cars pull up and they pursue the guys into the undergrowth. It all happens so darn fast.

User

Damn!

So... I have a question now.

What did you do? Just sit there in your car watching, or did you attempt to take cover?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Damn!

So... I have a question now.

What did you do? Just sit there in your car watching, or did you attempt to take cover?
    I was wondering the same. Hunker down behind a tire, or keep head up and look for fast exits.

User

I know what I'll do. The good guys are there, so no need to die today. I'm not a cop so I'll buckle down and kak my best Sunday dress.

User

Keep as low as humanely possible. Exiting your vehicle under such circumstances can get you run over. Hectic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I know what I'll do. The good guys are there, so no need to die today. I'm not a cop so I'll buckle down and kak my best Sunday dress.
    Me too. Gun fights aren't as nice as they seem in the movies. And anyway, how do the police know your intentions if you pull out your EDC and start waving it around?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast