What did you think?

Banned

Default Re: Law-abiding citizen

Huh?
    Seen what????

User

perhaps?

I was disappointed with the path it took and the ending.

User

With Jamie Fox and Gerald Butler? Thought it was ok.

User

Pretty cool movie. Very enjoyable. Loved how Butler planned just about everything. The sneaking in and out was just too epic. I suppose being the 'bad guy' he had to lose in the end. It was one where you wanted him to get away with it.

Excellent movie. He proved that the "law" had to break the law to catch him.

User

Enjoyed it a lot. Also makes one think about the perceived working of the legal system.

User

I loved it. Just shows what people will do to get justice when they have nothing to lose. Also shows how broken the legal system is.

User

The first time I saw it I embarrassed my wife by loudly cheering for every death caused by the vigilante. Apparently it was bad form in the cinema as other people thought me a violent person.

I was really pissed off that the 'good' guy didn't win in the end.

Watched it again the other night and a bit less pissed off at that now. As h03rst1g said, he proved his point.

What I have been wondering about though is how different audiences will perceive the opening scene, especially.

For me, that scene hit deep as home invasions and random violence and brutality is not some far-off fiction, but a daily reality we live with. It is very much in our daily thoughts and something that happens all too often.

I don't think US or European audiences will watch it from the same perspective, so their experience of it must be quite different.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I remember thinking that people from other countries probably see that scene as "its just a movie". The same as the human trafficking and prostitution rackets in Taken. Kind of like because the rest of the film is highly implausible, those parts aren't real either. Few people realize that here, it happens every day.