Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Husband wakes up and shoots dead home invader already on bed

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is done for a firearms ballistic test? Surely all they need is a case and a fired projectile. Why can't this be done by a local gunsmith under the supervision of the local D.F.O.? They G.S can seal the results in an envelope and sign it together with the D.F.O. Equipment wise all that should be needed is a 44 gal. drum of water. The shooter then gets his gun back unless criminal charges are incurred in which case the gun stays at the local station until the case is finalised. Comments appreciated.
    That makes waaay too much sense and is too efficient for a gov dept

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    LOL, when I first read the title I thought a guy woke up and shot an intruder who was already lying dead on the bed
    Lol I thought I was alone on that one

User

Good on them for defending their lives.

I would rather the cops do me a favour and take the whole damn bed away!

User

Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is done for a firearms ballistic test? Surely all they need is a case and a fired projectile. Why can't this be done by a local gunsmith under the supervision of the local D.F.O.? They G.S can seal the results in an envelope and sign it together with the D.F.O. Equipment wise all that should be needed is a 44 gal. drum of water. The shooter then gets his gun back unless criminal charges are incurred in which case the gun stays at the local station until the case is finalised. Comments appreciated.
    Would you like the local wedding photographer to take photos of the crime scene?

http://uir.unisa.ac.za/bitstream/han...pdf?sequence=1

User

Vega 5, I consider that to be a pretty dumb question. I would simply like to see a streamlining of the process so that the person who uses what is more than likely their only firearm not deprived of it for an unreasonably amount of time. Not everybody has multiple hand guns that can be used while the firearm used for legitimate S.D. purposes sits in Pretoria for an undefined period of time

User

Dickie, thanks for the link.I will go through it tomorrow.

Basically, the evidence needs to be processed by a balistic expert trained to do so. Chain of custody is of paramount importance.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    LOL, when I first read the title I thought a guy woke up and shot an intruder who was already lying dead on the bed
    Haha. I added the "dead" later. Didn't realise the ambiguity until now.

Incidentally, if you check your average newspaper headline you will see that those guys go out of their way to make headlines sufficiently ambiguous that people have to read the article to clear it up.

In this case it was definitely not intentional.

User

Default Husband wakes up and shoots dead home invader already on bed

Vega 5, I consider that to be a pretty dumb question. I would simply like to see a streamlining of the process so that the person who uses what is more than likely their only firearm not deprived of it for an unreasonably amount of time. Not everybody has multiple hand guns that can be used while the firearm used for legitimate S.D. purposes sits in Pretoria for an undefined period of time
    I'm hazarding a guess that it's pretty much as stupid as suggesting a civilian should process key forensic evidence.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast