Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: 1943 Colt M1911A1 Collectable?

Hehe, good luck. It’s such a lovely piece of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

You can sell it for R17000 , or customize it to be a useful pistol for everyday carry. They are made to be shot, not burried in a safe .

User

The wartime (2nd WW) production 1911A1 pistols do have some collector value (and a cult following) in the USA.

While still collectable in SA, they don't fetch the high values commonly seen across the pond. That is because they have lots of USA history, but no SA history.

The durability of wartime production 1911A1's has been discussed at length, so I will not repeat it.

Turning your prized wartime production 1911 into an EDC gun or a frequent range tool will destroy the bit of collector value that is left. I would not do that.

User

You are correct of course. I always wanted a original Colt Government 1911 , had two opportunities to get hold of one, it did not work out..but I was extremely lucky to get a Colt Government 1911 . 45 ACP that was customized ..I shoot it as frequently as possible and loves every moment...

It gives me joy, happiness and something to look forward for the next time I can re-load and shoot it again....I believe this would never give me the same feelings and experiences when it was original and locked away in a safe?????

There are not collectors of the Colt Government 1911 .45ACP I know that makes a lot of money from owning a original version when they die and somebody buys it from their estate sale ??????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3