Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Buying accessories overseas

Hi Guys,

Any experience with this?

I dug around the threads, and found a few discussions, and noted that Brownells appeared to impose a max limit on expenditure before an import permit was called for.

I'm after magazines for my CZ75, recoil springs, and some barrel brushes made by them- so nothing too serious. (Brownells had limited CZ bits so I'll have to go elsewhere.)

Any experience with this? Any problems? Recommended shops?

Having asked around, I got told it was a 'no-no', but threads here suggest otherwise...

Shot for the input.

Default Re: Buying accessories overseas

Jizni.co.za for all your CZ related goodies. You are going to undergo more hassles and aste of time then is worth it plus you need permits on certain things. Rather just get it locally through that site.

User

I'd go through the hassle of importing something if it is
    1) not available locally
    2) going to land at a dramatically reduced price than what it's available for locally
    3) not an item that I need urgently
    4) not something I'd lose sleep over if it never arrives.

If the above is in order then go ahead and buy. Be sure to account for shipping fees and import duties.

Or save yourself the hassle and chat to Marius at Jizni.

User

I don't own a CZ, but if I did Jinzi is where I'd get all my spares.

User

Everything you want is available from Jizni.

Cheers guys. Yeah- I didn't want to not use my normal guy or take the business away from local, but he was telling me that he in turn was having issues getting parts...

User

I ordered some spares for a Ruger Mk1 pistol from Brownells through a local distributor. I was literally getting ready to cancel the order and ask my money back when I received a call from the courier. I waited for 1 year to receive my 3 parts. I don't know if I will go that route again, maybe it will be different when dealing with them directly.

Order overseas. Firearm parts. Shipping Cost and You will pay 14% Vat on value. Customs will charge you 15% of value under the custom fees for firearm parts.
    They will also charge clearance/admin fee. +- R50. They will most likely ask you to get ITAC permit. Which is free.
    And they might even want you to get a importer/agent thingy guy to give you permission or clearance. And they charge R500 even if value is R50 of item.

So in short. Anything CZ. Just go to Jizni.

Their service is exceptional. They have everything. Just now again bought a Viridian XTL for my P01.
    Its brilliant. Fits 100 times better then my Nextorch WL10. And the WL10 kept going loose every 2 shots.

I have bought for my Shadow. New front sight, Comp hammer, Pre B disconnect, lighter main spring.
    For P01. Cajun Pro Package, And now Viridian. Also have Meprolights fitted to P01.

Not once have I had bad service from Jizni.

And when I asked about Viridian. Santie sent me pics of it and plenty of detail. Quickly.

Im very impressed.

User

It's going to work out more expensive for you if you import yourself. If you really want something that Jizni does not stock, get in contact with Marius or Sands and they'll most likely arrange something for you, such as including the item/part in the next order for you, or something like that. They're awesome people.

Banned

I would only do it for a substantial saving or if I can't find the part locally. What catches you out though is that you have to add shipping and import duties to the price. And sometimes SARS adds VAT. In the end you don't save. The only way it's really worth your while is if you can get a lot of guys to order at once and you split the ridiculous shipping costs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast