Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SIG

User

Default SIG

Just a quick note everyone. A client was informed by a prominent gunshop that SIG has no agent in SA. Which gunshop it was isn't relevant as I am pretty confident it was just a staff member who wasn't up to date.

But to confirm SA has two official SIG importers with us being their Global Partner for South Africa.

Inyathi are also an official importer.

User

Default Re: SIG

WTF! What gunshop does not know that or when in doubt is not able to find that out?

User

Their excuse for not having stock of Sig "But we have this AWESOME Taurus Millennium here for you instead, it's epic!"

*duck* *run* *hide*

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    WTF! What gunshop does not know that or when in doubt is not able to find that out?
    Khumba, not sure if you get out to (especially) some of the larger gunshops much but the lack of knowledge displayed by some of the people manning the sales counter is astounding. And now I'm not even talking details like knowing the agents for the products in stock, I'm talking knowledge about firearms, their manual of arms, safety and legislation. To be fair, I would count you lucky if you've not been exposed to this as often as I have.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Khumba, not sure if you get out to (especially) some of the larger gunshops much but the lack of knowledge displayed by some of the people manning the sales counter is astounding. And now I'm not even talking details like knowing the agents for the products in stock, I'm talking knowledge about firearms, their manual of arms, safety and legislation. To be fair, I would count you lucky if you've not been exposed to this as often as I have.
    Seems to me the answer is "fortunately not enough". I am stuck in my little hole but I would like to think we are very up to date on what who and where as well as very much on top of our own product knowledge.

We are very fortunate to have Jacques as our 1st point of contact in the shop.

He sells Sigs btw if the ignorant dealer wants to call us we will be able to guide them to BA being the distributor we deal with iro the Sigs

User

I find it difficult to know everything about every firearm and every bit of legislation or every moving part on every type of press, so Im more concerned by the gunstore staff that make up answers instead of just saying "Im not sure, let me find out".
    My knowledge increases daily, but Im certain that Ill still never have all the answers, but I will respond honestly if I dont have the answer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I find it difficult to know everything about every firearm and every bit of legislation or every moving part on every type of press, so Im more concerned by the gunstore staff that make up answers instead of just saying "Im not sure, let me find out".
    My knowledge increases daily, but Im certain that Ill still never have all the answers, but I will respond honestly if I dont have the answer.
    And that's fine. Knowing you don't know everything is half the problem sorted already. But next time I hear a guy behind a sales counter claim a Glock is unsafe and firearm X, which usually has no local support, is better because it has some weird and wonderful "safety" the shop may require bouncers to physically remove me from the premises. Along with several similar scenarios.

User

You wouldn't believe the shit we hear standing behind the counter....

User

And that's fine. Knowing you don't know everything is half the problem sorted already. But next time I hear a guy behind a sales counter claim a Glock is unsafe and firearm X, which usually has no local support, is better because it has some weird and wonderful "safety" the shop may require bouncers to physically remove me from the premises. Along with several similar scenarios.
    What is really annoying is when you inquire if product A is in stock after doing your research, getting advice and knowing what you want.

You are then told product A is inferior to product B and immediately get's shoved a product B into the hands. It's a piece of shit and you ask if they have product A in stock as you would like to compare. Product A is then usually out of stock.

The out of stock product is always inferior to the in stock product.

That is why I only support about 3 gun stores in Pretoria.

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    You wouldn't believe the shit we hear standing behind the counter....
    True. Other side of the coin and all. But judging by the characters I sometimes see on shooting ranges and "guys with guns" on Facebook, I'd believe anything. ANYTHING.

That said, I go to a veterinarian to get good advice on the health of my pets, I go to a doctor to get the best advice on my own health and in my job, I consult only with people who are experts in their field. Somehow this doesn't translate into the firearms world. As per FantomBadger's post, the guy behind the counter oftentimes toes some sort of party line, a puppet if you will. I much prefer doing business with Khumba's crew. Or Tac-Shac (although my work circumstances now make it difficult to get there). Or any number of perhaps less well known places where the guy behind the counter actually knows something. In a lot of the mentioned cases, often more than I do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast