Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Decent Hunting Boots

And a quick note

I was a timberland boots die hard fan and only used them since I was 5 years old (snow, hiking etc) and got a leather pair for a trip to Canada. The front soles came loose after not much hard wear and so complained about it when I got back and asked them to repair or replace. The service from the staff in the shop was terrible acting like I wanted something for free. They ended up destroying the boots without telling me and gave me a credit note.

So I will never buy from them again

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    I think they are fine. I also have found that with the ortholite insert they mould to your feet (with my speedcross 3's and the GTX's).

The one nice thing about boots as that people use them for everything and so there are many reviews on the net.
    How have you found the Speedcross 3s? I am very disappointed with mine, bought last May and only used very lightly for casual wear (the uppers still look brand new) but I have completely worn through the soles. So pretty unimpressed especially for a shoe of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    How have you found the Speedcross 3s? I am very disappointed with mine, bought last May and only used very lightly for casual wear (the uppers still look brand new) but I have completely worn through the soles. So pretty unimpressed especially for a shoe of that price.
    I'm also a fan of Salomons but my Speedcross 3s soles also go way too quickly for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    And a quick note

I was a timberland boots die hard fan and only used them since I was 5 years old (snow, hiking etc) and got a leather pair for a trip to Canada. The front soles came loose after not much hard wear and so complained about it when I got back and asked them to repair or replace. The service from the staff in the shop was terrible acting like I wanted something for free. They ended up destroying the boots without telling me and gave me a credit note.

So I will never buy from them again
    Timberland boots were the best I had! But they are stupid expensive here now as we are getting reamed by the R/$$$.
    My cousin and I both bought them in the USA when we lived there, I came back home and wore them through here because nothing could compare comfort, durability and weather proof too.
    Service in SA is K@K...period... Most places think they are doing you a favor by having a business. My cousin remained behind and his boots heel parted or cracked something to that effect and they replaced his no questions asked.

I now use those Hi-tech's - I think its altitude

Are those under-armour boots not available in SA yet? I've seen quite a few of a mates clients use them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Difficult topic this Mylani.

Either you must buy what's on the local shelves and be limited to choice, or buy online, risking that with our poor currency it may not fit and you'll loose the money, a lot.

I mean I have an interest in the Vasque St. Elias GTX, where the funk do you buy that in SA?

Either you must state whether you are going to buy online or what is available in your location, then we can debate this.
    Will happily support a local store if they have a suitable product, but do have someone in the UK who can bring a set of boots back if necessary
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Another boot I will comment on is Merrell. I have recently retired my 8 year old pair of Merrell Switchback Goretex boots for another pair of Merrells, the Reflex II Mid. I've only worn the new boots a few times in the veld but so far they're comfy, we'll see how they hold up vs the Switchbacks. I still have them but after 8 years the soles and some stitching are taking strain.

Don't buy boots without trying them on first!

User

casual wear as in walking around town/tar??
    iirc they are designed for trail running/technical trail/soft ground??

User

They do wear away unfortunately although the comfort of the show makes up for it in my opinion. Hence why I have been through a few pairs

User

Quote Originally Posted by urabus View Post
    casual wear as in walking around town/tar??
    iirc they are designed for trail running/technical trail/soft ground??
    That's exactly what the rep said the problem they have locally, most customers buy it as an everyday shoe on hard surfaces and expect the tread to last ,when it was designed/built for trail running.

User

Courtney or Wolverines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast