Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARCUS 98 DA

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default ARCUS 98 DA

I don't why it happens to me but today I was given this and 6 mags.

[/URL]

URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/KK20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20160604-00481_zpsw8msfxhm.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/KK20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20160604-00484_zpsmunhr3cu.jpg.html]
    Last edited by KK20; 04-06-2016 at 20:14.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Default Re: ARCUS 98 DA

Obviously an upgraded BHP. I like the beaver tail, will cure the BHP's typical hammer bite habit. Safety looks a lot like a BHP mk3's. Better sights. Styling more modern, with more sharp edges. A little rusty here and there...

I'm curious about the "DA" in the model no. Could it be a double action? Does not look so from the outside.

User

Did you lose a bet or something?

User

looks exactly like a BHP, just with a different "shell"

The pictures are not happening. I will edit later.
    I was very impressed by this gun. Its hicap (16) and very slim. It is DA. It is also a pleasure to shoot. The magazines are very well made. When I first heard of them in my mind tossed it out without a bother to play with it. Today 300 rounds later I am glad I played with it.
    It was not used or oil in years. A quick strip and wipe with drop of slip in the main areas had this gun cycle every round with not a glitch.
    It's an excellent extension of the BHP.
    My personal difficulty with the BHP were the hammer bite and very very tight trigger guard work space. These are addressed nicely. The contour of the slide is very attractive and slimmer than the already slim BHP. Even though the slide is contoured as it is, one still has enough surface area in critical points to work the slide. The safety is very comfortable to work with. The grips to (not my favourite type) did not add bulk to the overall slim feel of the gun.
    The recoil assembly can be incorrectly inserted resulting in shit. ( why couldn't they have made it to fit in only one position and save the potential kak? ). The gun was not oiled and I am surprised that so little rust was on it considering Durban environment eats everything. The underside of the frame is machined flat and they is enough meat there to mill rails.
    Last edited by KK20; 04-06-2016 at 23:08.

The story behind this..
    It is retired folk that are going into a home and they were offered a couple of hundred rand for this gun by a young man in the prime of life and employed "to take it off their hands". This SOB then tried to sell it for R 3500 to buy a Glock. Effectively making 3300 out of the retired folks.
    The retired folk did not know anything about it but they felt that for 200 rand they may as well give it away. They knew I liked guns and gave it to me as a thank you for years of service my staff and I gave them.

It annoys me no end that young men ( "men") try to cheat old folk out of items that may reach higher or fair value. A couple hundred paid extra to old folk on pension makes a huge difference to them.
    I have seen this often ( sadly by some GS members) who in their line of work meet old folk and then greed sets in if guns are involved.

I saddens me that 1. The young will cheat the aged.
    2. These are gun owners that operate with this mindset.

The amount they save will be dumped in a jol or other but this amount makes a huge difference to pensioners.

If you wheel and deal and con people Karma is bitch!

User

They say you can judge a nation by the way they treat their animals and their elderly. In which case, that guy is a POS dirtbag

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    They say you can judge a nation by the way they treat their animals and their elderly. In which case, that guy is a POS dirtbag
    +1

User

To myself, the interesting part is the six mags. Was the previous owner a sports-shooter? Not the normal company of a safe queen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast