Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 6.5 creedmoor thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    The 6.5 Creed, 308, 243, and 22 250 are normally available as Howa Varminters with 24inch Bull Barrels.
    The normal 'Hunter' models has 22 inch barrels

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Aaah wait .. If you scroll down on the Std Hogue page they are listed at the bottom... oddly enough the creed is not listed under the Heavy Barrel Varminter heading.
    http://www.legacysports.com/hogue-heavybarrel-varminter

Personally, for hunting and the odd day at the range, I think I am still going to stick with the Swede. After shooting the .260 (which I enjoyed) I think the extra case capacity holds a lot of potential.

My experience with Bull barrels (albeit limited) is that they are vrek heavy and an hour or 2 walking in the bush, it leaves one looking for excuses to take a rest / head back to camp. For Varminting / target shooting where you are not required to be that mobile, the heavy barrelled creedmoor with its fancy shoulder angles may have its benefits.

I guess its a case of choosing what works best for you. My biggest worry is that choosing a calibre is like buying a new car. You tend to know what you want, but the next option up seems to offer just that little bit more. I started looking at a .243 as a 2nd to a .308. As things stand now, I am looking at a .22LR and 6.5x55SE, but then somebody chirps up that there is always the creedmoor, or the 6.5 lapua or the 7-08, or the 7x57 ... and then eventually the list ends at .308 again .

User

Quote Originally Posted by CW1 View Post
    Aaah wait .. If you scroll down on the Std Hogue page they are listed at the bottom... oddly enough the creed is not listed under the Heavy Barrel Varminter heading.
    http://www.legacysports.com/hogue-heavybarrel-varminter

Personally, for hunting and the odd day at the range, I think I am still going to stick with the Swede. After shooting the .260 (which I enjoyed) I think the extra case capacity holds a lot of potential.

My experience with Bull barrels (albeit limited) is that they are vrek heavy and an hour or 2 walking in the bush, it leaves one looking for excuses to take a rest / head back to camp. For Varminting / target shooting where you are not required to be that mobile, the heavy barrelled creedmoor with its fancy shoulder angles may have its benefits.

I guess its a case of choosing what works best for you. My biggest worry is that choosing a calibre is like buying a new car. You tend to know what you want, but the next option up seems to offer just that little bit more. I started looking at a .243 as a 2nd to a .308. As things stand now, I am looking at a .22LR and 6.5x55SE, but then somebody chirps up that there is always the creedmoor, or the 6.5 lapua or the 7-08, or the 7x57 ... and then eventually the list ends at .308 again .
    Just more reasons for more toys!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

6.5CM was introduced in 2015 by Howa and for some reason its not updated on Howa website as yet.The 6.5CM comes in 22 inch sporter and 24 inch heavy barrel.

User

So I own both a 6.5 Swede and a Creedmore the Swede is my bush gun (up to 400m) and my Creedmore is my LR gun (up to 800m) both kill clean and efficiently.

I owned the Swede first, hunted loads of mid sized game with it, mostly "bang- flops" - we decided to build a new LR rifle last year and settled on the Creedmore thinking that we would sell the Swede once we had completed the project, but the Swede is such a sweetheart cartridge - that we just kep it.

The Swede has been killing animals (kudu size) for decades in Scandanavia and other parts of the world so it really has nothing to prove to anyone, it's pedigree speaks for itself.

The Creedmore is basically a necked down 308 with its shoulder moved forward, it's inherently accurate and with the correct 6.5 bullet it reaches out and kills shit at long distances.

Default 6.5 creedmoor thoughts

I ordered my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor last year October. It has landed in SA with distributor but still waiting clearance. Hopefully out end of this month... Then the real "long wait" happens.

Sent from my Sig using Double Tap

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nishon View Post
    6.5CM was introduced in 2015 by Howa and for some reason its not updated on Howa website as yet.The 6.5CM comes in 22 inch sporter and 24 inch heavy barrel.
    My past experience has been that their website always seems to have not been updated.

What is the website address exactly?

User

Quote Originally Posted by QuQ View Post
    What is the website address exactly?
    http://www.legacysports.com/

User

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne View Post
    I ordered my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor last year October. It has landed in SA with distributor but still waiting clearance. Hopefully out end of this month... Then the real "long wait" happens.

Sent from my Sig using Double Tap
    MMMMmmm....that does look nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast