User

Default Scapegoats, tinfoil hats & agendas

After keeping an eye on the news lately and seeing all that is happening across the world I have come to the conclusion that the world is collectively loosing it's marbles.

Anti-gun agendas are being push from every liberal possibly alive and yet shit still happens.

If we were to take a journey back to a couple of year when we first heard of the tragic Columbine school shooting. If I remember correctly the first thing that was blamed was violent video games and metal music. Mothers we losing their shit and protesting that video games need to be banned for being too violent. Scheming politicians were quoting Ozzy Osborne songs out of context and stating that they incite violence urging young people to be violent.

Couple of years ago we had a fairly public incident where a school pupil in the West Rand attacked fellow pupils with a samurai sword. At the time metal instability was claimed onset by listening to Slipknot music.

And now we have the stabbings in Japan??? What will be the scapegoat in this case? Mental illness perhaps? So far from reading the articles I've yet to come across an eye witness account where someone heard him shout "allahu akbar" as he proceeded with this mindless act.

This is where the tinfoil hats and agendas come into play. Why is the person not isolated for the acts that have committed? As has been stated many a times on many platform, an inanimate object can do nothing until wielded by a person of ill intent.

How is it that we have come from blaming video games and music to blaming guns for almost anything that is going awry in the world. Best example would be the gunman driving the truck in Nice.

It has become more and more evident that political agendas are being pushed to further political causes. Sites like Infowars are providing the other side of the story with undercover reporting. Yet how much of that is being taken out of context?

Don't get me wrong, I do sympathise with all those that have suffered losses in these horrific incidents. But where do you place the blame? Clearly blaming the person is the wrong answer.

Now I confess to not being the most informed person around and would gladly like to be more informed. Perhaps some of our more esteemed members can shed some more light on the direction the world is currently heading as I am confused as f_ck?

Your valuable insights would be greatly appreciated.

User

Default Re: Scapegoats, tinfoil hats & agendas

Quote Originally Posted by :Struis: View Post
    But where do you place the blame? Clearly blaming the person is the wrong answer.
    EH???

User

Because, right from the start, humans have generally been incapable or unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions. "Eve made do it", "the snake made me do it", "heavy metal / games / guns / Thundercats made me do it"....

We live in a society where nothing is ever "your" fault. Something else is always to blame.

Banned

This thread has the potential to become bloody on itself.

My opinion: western civilisation is failing and falling; I see parallels too the Roman Empire's falling: our society focuses too strong on the individual and individual progress, achievement etc. Thereby we forget that we are part of a bigger system and that we are supposed to carry the system, not vice versa.

Personnaly I also think that we are failing ourselves as humans - all this "civilisation" leads us to forget that we are quite harsh by nature.

User

Personally I do not blame the gun, the truck, the explosives, the video games or the snotlip CD. I blame the individuals who depend on politicians/government/other people to provide them with a "safe little state of existence", much like a herd of cows; The farmer will look after their best interests right up to the day they are scheduled for slaughtering, then they become food.

If people had the will to resist politicians convincing them that mother government knows best, they would perhaps be willing and able to defend themselves against the wolves.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post

My opinion: western civilisation is failing and falling; I see parallels too the Roman Empire's falling: our society focuses too strong on the individual and individual progress, achievement etc. Thereby we forget that we are part of a bigger system and that we are supposed to carry the system, not vice versa.

Personnaly I also think that we are failing ourselves as humans - all this "civilisation" leads us to forget that we are quite harsh by nature.
    +1 Ds J +1

User

Agree a lot with what you say.

The continuous promotion of the individual, emphasis on money , materialism etc. I remember my old man (RIP) making a remark to the effect that the pop singer on the TV sounded like a banshee , and one of my siblings retorting that this banshee made 20m last year, which then led to a "discussion" from my father to the effect that money is not the way to judge a persons worth.
    So things like public service, duty , responsibility to society , morals were important etc

Unfortunately this does jot seem to be taught enough in schools or elsewhere these days .

User

Quote Originally Posted by kakuli View Post

The continuous promotion of the individual, emphasis on money , materialism etc. I remember my old man (RIP) making a remark to the effect that the pop singer on the TV sounded like a banshee , and one of my siblings retorting that this banshee made 20m last year, which then led to a "discussion" from my father to the effect that money is not the way to judge a persons worth.
    So things like public service, duty , responsibility to society , morals were important etc

Unfortunately this does jot seem to be taught enough in schools or elsewhere these days .
    Reminds me of Dire Straits:

"See the little faggot with the earring and the make up
    Yeah buddy that's his own hair
    That little faggot got his own jet airplane
    That little faggot he's a millionaire."

User

Quote Originally Posted by kakuli View Post

Your father was right btw.

When I still worked as a cop, in one of the "upper income white families with old money" areas of Pretoria, it was not unusual to be reminded by the person you were dealing with that they either know or are related to some judge and that they have money and should therefore be treated with the respect their income makes them think they are entitled to. My standard response was that every single prostitute in Sunnyside and Hillbrow with syphilis, drop, crabs cancer and AIDS also knows a judge or magistrate personally, and they all earned more money than the average cop and that I would treat them with the same measure of respect if they so wish.

User

I found Decline of the West by Oswald Spengler a great read. Published in 1918, extremely relevant today.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk