Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Silencers on big bore rifles

I saw two 375Ruger rifles at a big bore shoot and one in the hunting field with silencers on and they just dont fit for me in the "spirit" of big bore. If u cant shoot a pig with a lighter calibre and can not handle a proper rifle dont shoot.A Howa is a nice rifle but I dont trust it as a DG rifle. The guy on the pig hunt was a real Rambo and I had to bite my tong when he turned the silencer on.

User

Default Re: Silencers on big bore rifles

Quote Originally Posted by essie View Post
    I saw two 375Ruger rifles at a big bore shoot and one in the hunting field with silencers on and they just dont fit for me in the "spirit" of big bore. If u cant shoot a pig with a lighter calibre and can not handle a proper rifle dont shoot.A Howa is a nice rifle but I dont trust it as a DG rifle. The guy on the pig hunt was a real Rambo and I had to bite my tong when he turned the silencer on.
    I agree with you, on another forum I frequently visit there was a guy that wanted to thread his 404 for a silencer what sacralage!

LOL. Yes I want the biggest rifle available. Give me a .375. But it must please be quieter then a Subsonic 22lr. And please no recoil, I dont like recoil.

User

Guys

What you are on about nobody knows.

So someone buys a 375 and fits it with a suppressor, suddenly he is not in the spirit of big bore?
    Suddenly shooting more accurately with faster follow up's is rambo, and being stone deaf when you are old is cool.

Is a "big bore" rifle not just a tool to kill animals with like any other?
    I mean what are we teaching here, that people acting sensibly is uncool and that the spirit of big bore hunting is acting illogically?

I really wish in this day and age people can drop the whole "my precious" nonsense when it comes to hunting rifles, and use them for what they were designed for, killing animals. If someone fits a suppressor to take some of the recoil away and save his ears we should call him intelligent, completely the opposite of what I read here.

User

Ja ja Messor, but it looks stupid on a big bore.

User

Messor , you are 100% right.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LoopSoosStroop View Post
    Ja ja Messor, but it looks stupid on a big bore.
    Ja, but if looks could kill, then I'd take my wife along instead of carrying a rifle.

User

I have mixed feelings about them on bigger bore rifles .
    Last edited by Rigby; 01-08-2016 at 10:14. Reason: .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ja, but if looks could kill, then I'd take my wife along instead of carrying a rifle.
    Skerp, baie skerp

And I agree with you, its a tool to do a certain job, If you can improve it to to the job better, that so be it

User

My 2 cents. If you want to put a suppressor on your big bore as Messor states then go for it. The only "cringe factor"to me is seeing an old classic rifle{regardless of calibre,but big bore especially]f***ed up by removing front sight and fitting a suppressor.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast