Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: Powder coated Cast bullets

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Source wheelweights, and it should be fine. If you need to bump the hardness, mix 70-30 wheelweight-linotype.
    Water-quenched wheelweights usually have a hardness of 23 - 27 BHN in 9mm. That is usually good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Yes, but the hardness is not the end of the story. Sizing is equally important. If you're using a Lee 6 cavity mould, just powder coat and shoot as is, no sizing necessary.
    Not all Lee 6-cavity moulds are equal. I have 2 identical 6-cavity 9mm (120gn TC) moulds. One throws the bullets at .356", the other at .359". If the latter is not sized, even when uncoated, it will cause case bulges and difficult chambering.

I've confirmed today that 4-11 antimony is R68 per kilo, minimum around 10kg, from Afrisol

Quote Originally Posted by jd.smook View Post
    Wow StanCT, that looks amazing.
    How long did you bake them? I used HiTek but my 45ACP leaded badly after 50rds.
    Ive been casting and lubing for years even in my 270 at 1800fps without any problem.

Hallo from Namibia.. I also utilize cast bullets in my 308 and 303 as well as 9mmp and 357 mag.. very happy with te results ..

I now want to cast/powder coat 223 Rem.. please elaborate your experience iro moulds, performance accuracy loads etc.

If need be please contact me on hennieviljoenbrokers@gmail.com

regards

User

Quote Originally Posted by johnhowell888@gmail.com View Post
    How long did you bake them? I used HiTek but my 45ACP leaded badly after 50rds.
    Ive been casting and lubing for years even in my 270 at 1800fps without any problem.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8