Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4" blade?

User

Default 4" blade?

Just curious, which would you pick if you could.

Spyderco Military or ZT 0452cf or perhaps there is something else with the same specs and price?

User

Default Re: 4" blade?

The military is a superb knife. I have included one of mine in my EDC rotation. Can't go wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Just curious, which would you pick if you could.Spyderco Military or ZT 0452cf or perhaps there is something else with the same specs and price?
    I take it you've handled a number of 4" knives, hence the choice, I just find them 1/2 inch to big. The Spyderco PM2 is a lovely size knife. I had the ZT0560 and sold it, just a touch too big for me. Replaced it with a slightly smaller similar style knife. Out of the 2 you suggest, the Spyderco has a nice cutting blade and the ZT is likely thicker and you could use it as a utility knife. I'd consider the ZT0560 too, it's a nice style for s 4" blade. I'm not sure you want to carry carbon fibre knife around.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I take it you've handled a number of 4" knives, hence the choice, I just find them 1/2 inch to big. The Spyderco PM2 is a lovely size knife. I had the ZT0560 and sold it, just a touch too big for me. Replaced it with a slightly smaller similar style knife. Out of the 2 you suggest, the Spyderco has a nice cutting blade and the ZT is likely thicker and you could use it as a utility knife. I'd consider the ZT0560 too, it's a nice style for s 4" blade. I'm not sure you want to carry carbon fibre knife around.
    For me 4" is a bit long for EDC, even my endura is a bit big for me so this is just out of curiosity.

For EDC in the office a Dragonfly is as big as I need.

User

Mostly been carrying the PMs and typically their size, like a Bauchop folder etc. Of late I've started carrying some of my Militaries and even though they are quite a bit larger I quickly grew accustomed to their size. In the last few weeks I've found myself grabbing a Military before the others.

User

Sometimes I want to carry a larger blade ;)

The Endura has a long enough blade but something more classy would be nice.

Sometimes I want to carry a larger blade ;)The Endura has a long enough blade but something more classy would be nice.
    The Spyderco PM is a step up in class from the Endura for sure. This would be my choice. The ZT's are very nice too though. The alternative you find a local custom maker.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

I have a PM2, like the Stretch more.

I have a PM2
    Not really
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User