Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: What's it like in the Low Veld near Hoedspruit ?

Abrum, congratulations on really spending your time in SA well. Not many South Africans have visited the battlefields you have.

Ds J, I will check them out. Thanks Abram. (I am a Canuck)

Thanks Willie, Yes, My wife and I have been to many battlefields. We were led by a very good guide for one week out of Dundee. Also we read a lot of South African Colonial history. We love South Africa! Spent almost a year there if we add up the six trips. We are very greatful. Abrum.

Rigby, Thanks, for your interest. I have tried posting pictures on different forums. I am too stupid to do it! I have given up. I will never attempt to post a photo on a forum until the have some kind of method for old dummys. My story of the hunt will be published in The African Hunting Gazette early next year and I will have a video on You Tube soon. I will keep you posted.

The Video of the hunt is now on You Tube. " Brian Hunts Cape Buffalo".

You may recognize Louis Jacobs from Buffalo Land Safaris and Kobus Kok From Kok and Seyfert.
    The tracker 'Lieutenant" was a great young man.

People have been asking for a critique ofthe hunt. This is as good a place as any. I offer it honestly and in good spirit to aid fellow hunters in choosing a hunt. It is of course just my opinion.

1. Louis Jacobs and Kobus Kok are first class PH's and individuals. Professional, calm and good natured. We had a great time. I would definitely hunt with them again. The cook, Rasiile, was very good and fun to be around.

2. Buffalo Land Safaris and their staff are the best. It's an excellent farm to hunt on. We never saw a fence while hunting. The land with the Kaserie River and abundance of animals is awesome.
    JP, Zelma and all their staff run a top drawer operation. I am going back as soon as I can!

3. The other half of Kok and Seyfert is Johan Seyfert. I have to say, to be accurate and fair, that I can't recommend him at all. 'Nuff said.

I hope you enjoy the video!

PS. Jock ,the camera man, was excellent to have recording the hunt. He was never in the way but was still "Jonny on the spot" with the cameral.

User

Nice video

Thanks Maroelas. That's always nice to hear!

Can anyone suggest a book on the history of the LowVeld, Hoedspruit area? Thanks, Abrum

Banned

A photo of Vatikaki. The rifle is a converted 10-gauge shotgun. The other photos will come from time to time.

Attachment 24335

Attachment 24337

Thanks to Ds J for posting these for me. Good man! Abrum

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast