Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default EDC: can you show me how you do it?

Hey Guys,

I EDC a CZ75 with an El Paso and a webbing-type belt. Works for me. (I do hear the sighs, sense shaking heads...) I prefer feeling the weight, and I know where it is.

My dilemma is that this works okay with jeans and a golf shirt, but as I'm now heading into a working environ which requires a tad more formal attire- how do others in the community pull this off?

Can I ask for pictures of what you're doing with your EDC? Can you mention your holster type in your post?

No, I can assure you that the sight of your sweaty beer & boerewors abdomen, (should this be exposed), doesn't tune my dyno, so don't sweat it!

I'd like to see how your carry works so I can refer to the threads about holsters for a possible change- but I'd value the info from you to assist.

Would greatly appreciate your (non-explicit) input.

Shot for the invasion of privacy.

User

Default Re: EDC: can you show me how you do it?

If you carry at around 3:30 position, get yourself a tuckable hybrid holster (Comptac MTAC remains the baseline against which others are measured), a decent stiff belt (if your webbing belt is not suitable for work, then get a Looper belt from Hailstorm) and Robert is your mother's proverbial brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    If you carry at around 3:30 position, get yourself a tuckable hybrid holster (Comptac MTAC remains the baseline against which others are measured), a decent stiff belt (if your webbing belt is not suitable for work, then get a Looper belt from Hailstorm) and Robert is your mother's proverbial brother.
    Thanks Pirate.

Quick off the mark.

I'm concerned about IWB and tucking a shirt.

Thoughts?

User

With a proper holster with tuckable clips it's a non-issue. The clips are specifically designed to accommodate the shirt between the holster and the inside of your trousers. Search this site for all that's been said about the MTAC, then chat to Hailstorm. If you can't find one for the CZ75 there are a number of local manufacturers that make very good similar hybrid holsters.

User

No pictures at the moment so only writing.

I work in a semi-formal environment too and firearms are a big taboo so being "made" isn't an option. My present carry setup is my Glock 19 in a Raven Vanguard 2 with an Ulticlip. I replaced the original belt loop of the Vanguard Hillbilly-style. Belt is a Looper leather belt from Hailstorm. With the leather belt hiding the Ulticlip attached to the pants and some slight fluffing of my shirt, the firearm is all but undetectable in the appendix position. While not ideal, a spare 17+2 round mag goes in my left pocket, hidden a bit by my phone and a handkerchief.

I know you won't get a Raven for the CZ75 but you can probably find something else suitable for AIWB carry or have something made my one of the local custom holster guys.

With a proper holster with tuckable clips it's a non-issue. The clips are specifically designed to accommodate the shirt between the holster and the inside of your trousers. Search this site for all that's been said about the MTAC, then chat to Hailstorm. If you can't find one for the CZ75 there are a number of local manufacturers that make very good similar hybrid holsters.

Shot bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    No pictures at the moment so only writing.

I work in a semi-formal environment too and firearms are a big taboo so being "made" isn't an option. My present carry setup is my Glock 19 in a Raven Vanguard 2 with an Ulticlip. I replaced the original belt loop of the Vanguard Hillbilly-style. Belt is a Looper leather belt from Hailstorm. With the leather belt hiding the Ulticlip attached to the pants and some slight fluffing of my shirt, the firearm is all but undetectable in the appendix position. While not ideal, a spare 17+2 round mag goes in my left pocket, hidden a bit by my phone and a handkerchief.

I know you won't get a Raven for the CZ75 but you can probably find something else suitable for AIWB carry or have something made my one of the local custom holster guys.
    Great.

If you can send a pic I'd greatly appreciate, considering your 'no-no' workplace.

Thanks Tetelestai!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonger View Post
    Great.

If you can send a pic I'd greatly appreciate, considering your 'no-no' workplace.

Thanks Tetelestai!
    I'll make a plan tomorrow. Remind me if I don't. Went for a jog this afternoon so not "set up" for a photo at the moment.

Note to self: remember to switch cellphone to silent before taking picture in loo at work. Obviously after "business" is concluded. X)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    I'll make a plan tomorrow. Remind me if I don't. Went for a jog this afternoon so not "set up" for a photo at the moment.

Note to self: remember to switch cellphone to silent before taking picture in loo at work. Obviously after "business" is concluded. X)
    I'd appreciate 'after'...

Thanks dude!

Gotit.

I'll see what other suggestions come in, but will check the threads and find out about the MTAC- thanks.

BTW, UIDUI, Jonsson workwear make a solid leather belt for round R200.

Got a small mod made at my local Barksole, but workhorse stuff.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast