Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: EDC: can you show me how you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    I carry with a Lindsay Ross leather belt (it would be nice though if it had some kydex in the middle) and a DanielsHolster IWB holster.

I IWB at 4.30 since I have a small frame. I typically wear untucked shirts so it's a no-brainer then, but if I do wear a tucked shirt, my shirts are long enough for me to tuck it around the clips, and let it hang around it so you can't see the clips.

I am also trying the AIWB thing, but it's a little complicated for me. It makes me look like I have a huge boner...

Cheers Knoffel.

4 o'clock. Either a M&P40c in a MTAC or a Shield in a CKCS single clip hybrid. Great holster with a much smaller footprint than a MTAC around a Shield.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

What do you think about this? Not available in SA - and they cannot send it to SA either. If anyone has an idea of where to get this please share...

Or might need to visit some family I dont have in the states some time, not for pub crawilng but for gunshop crawiling, that could be a cool trip.

www.kangaroocarry.com

User

I got a smaller gun and started carrying 3:00/3:30 with a CKCS single clip Hybrid. I've been wanting to try appendix for a while but I sit behind a desk all day and don't think it would work so well with my belly.

User

P07 with a sticky and a cr speed belt.

Aiwb

I tuck my shirt in first then open the buttons and put the gun between shirt and body. Close up buttons and good to go.

works well for me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Jonger, there is no quick and easy way with EDC and especially not AIWB. What is 100% comfortable for one person is close to a nightmare for another due to body form, fat layers squashing, flexibility etc. Please search and read the different threads on EDC/concealed carry to get an idea.

A few other things also play a role, like the size of your budget. El Paso makes goodies to get you started: a holster for AIWB and their belts - all leather - are decent enough. Ross leather in Cape Town has one of the best names in the SA shooting scene. Please don't get the cheap thin floppy El Paso leather holster - it does not work on large pistols.

The trick with a leather belt is to get a double or triple layered, stitched belt. It should be 35-38mm wide and 5-7mm thick with a proper buckle. I compared my El Paso belt with the Looper during the last week and both will work. My current preference would be the El Paso belt over the Looper (!!!) but only because it molds better around my hips and also because I did not wear the Looper long enough for a proper evaluation. The amount of support it gets from other Gunsiters speaks for itself.

You have to find a holster which keeps the pistol in the position which is comfortable to you. My method is unorthodox but it worked for me: unload your pistol and carry it "mexican" style i.e just tucked into your pants. Move it around until you find the "sweet spot" where it sits comfortably. Now go shopping for a holster which works for you.
    Good post.

If you are a serious EDC person I predict that you will have a box full holsters, after a few years, that you are not using anymore.

AIWB requires a mindshift on carry and it is imo not for the uninitiated or should I rather say the first time gun owner or first time EDC person.

AIWB has huge advantages that should require serious consideration by a serious EDC person.

After initial experimenting (which is ongoing and will be extended to other different sized guns than that with which I have been experimenting with) AIWB I am very much of the opinion that after the mindshift the system is very much about the holster. The holster is going to have a huge influence in converting an EDC person to AIWB and keeping that person converted.
    Last edited by DS; 23-08-2016 at 08:25.

Appreciate the input so far guys.

I am cognizant of the nature of information in sent pictures, so if you'd prefer, inbox me and I'll send you my email address.

Great info so far, which has me thinking.

Please keep contributing.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jyVATmyHONT View Post
    What do you think about this? Not available in SA - and they cannot send it to SA either. If anyone has an idea of where to get this please share...

Or might need to visit some family I dont have in the states some time, not for pub crawilng but for gunshop crawiling, that could be a cool trip.

www.kangaroocarry.com
    Looks interesting, thanks.

I had the same problem some time back.

There is a legit way around it. Maybe some of the guys who order small could get together and do it as a group.

You can rent a space in a US warehouse and you're given a US address. The company who owns it then receives for you and dispatches to you in turn.

I don't have the details, so I can't link you I'm afraid, but I know it exists as I looked it up.

User

Hi Jonger.

I only wear formal and semi formal clothing to work and meetings etc. Personally I carry a G21 in a Sniper Kydex holster with UltiClip's attached on a Looper belt in the 3.30-4.00 O'clock region. I have found that by carrying the FA deeper, with the grip just above the belt, does make it a lot more concealable with a tucked shirt as I slightly bubble my pants before clipping the 2 ulticlips, this creates a small pocket for the shirt to tuck in, and with your formal shirt making a natural bubble just above the belt it helps hide the full-size frame.

I have however also considered looking into holsters where I can carry on my torso under the rib cage. Ideal would be something like the Undertech undershirts but I have not seen this in SA yet.

Regards
    H

How's this link, might be onto something and its local.....

I made something similar a few years back with a nylon belly belt and some bra strappy stuff strategically scaled out my wifes drawer, worked well but the nylon belt was to wide and made sweating a nightmare, now it lies in "the box" at the bottom....

This looks like it could work well?

Might just give the chest holster a go, depending on stock i will post a review if it is available

http://guns-tactics.co.za/shop/holsters/chest-holster/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast