Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Brownells, USPS, SA Post Office

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    Hi guys.
    Yes...Brownells are amazing.
    SA Post Office not so.
    Finally got my 'goodies' on Friday after 4 weeks of waiting.
    Had the USPS tracking number (International First Class Post) but SA Post Office kept telling me that they had no record of the parcel.
    Kept on going into my local post office 'just in case' and on Friday it was there...complete with a SA Post Office Tracking Number !
    The parcel had just been sitting at JIMC for over 3 weeks !
    Glad that your parcel arrived safely MK1.
    Regards,
    Keith.
    USPS First Class International is not parcel post - it is envelope mail and does not track in SA https://www.usps.com/international/f...ernational.htm

USPS International Priority does not track in SA untill an "II" number has been allocated.

USPS International Express provides tracking all the way as well as insurance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    USPS First Class International is not parcel post - it is envelope mail and does not track in SA https://www.usps.com/international/f...ernational.htm

USPS International Priority does not track in SA untill an "II" number has been allocated.

USPS International Express provides tracking all the way as well as insurance.
    This was the option that I had selected. The tracking was prompt and there was updates every day. Also included insurance of $100.

It is an expensive option, but I received my parcel in 1-week and thats worth it IMO...

User

And to add to the above, the parcel was delivered to my door.

User

ITAR covers exports from the US. If an item is regulated by ITAR, it may not be exported without a $250 licence for the shipment. There is a $100 grace limit - an order with regulated items totaling less than this limit does not need the per-shipment licence (Other licences are still required, which Brownells have. Most US dealers don't, which is why they won't ship internationally, even for items under $100). This all applies at the time of placing the order.

Firearm parts being imported into South Africa require an import permit, which you can get for free from ITAC. The permit will be requested at the time of the order being processed for South African customs, but usually, only couriers do this. SAPO usually ignores it.

Hi, would some please take the time to detail the process with actual steps and links to required documents or can you point me to a thread where it already exists?

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bipz View Post
    Hi, would some please take the time to detail the process with actual steps and links to required documents or can you point me to a thread where it already exists?

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk
    Would be great. Probably deserving of its own thread.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theron2033 View Post
    Would be great. Probably deserving of its own thread.
    That will certainly be valuable. There are just too many variations on the theme between all the threads regarding this topic...
    Last edited by wave.jaco; 06-09-2016 at 14:49. Reason: Silly taaipou that could anger the grammar Naatsies :)

Hi Khumba.
    My package from Brownells was a parcel (35cms x 25cms x 18cms) and when I finally received it, it carried a SA Post Office 'Incoming International Parcel' label with tracking number II 304 006 ***ZA.
    The problem was that it took SA Post Office forever to process the parcel once it had arrived from the USA and to then allocate it a ZA tracking number.
    Bipz...hope that my earlier post in this topic (yesterday) was of some help to you.
    Regards.
    Keith.

is it better to order from the brownells UK based website

User

Yes I can also vouch for Brownells. They sell great quality products at good prices. They get a couple thousand dollars from me every year and I've never had an issue. The only pain is getting brass & projectiles from them is more painful than Reloading International, who do all the paperwork for you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast