Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: IWB Holsters ??

User

Default IWB Holsters ??

Hi Guys

Admittedly, I am not my mother's smartest child

So after hmmming and haaaing I bought Army Ant holsters and belts for my P07 and Oubaas (92FS). But I cannot get these holsters to fit comfortably. I doubt that there are issues with the kit, so it must be me.

1. It takes me a good 3minutes to get the holster in my pants and my belt tied.

2. Once this excercise is done, there is a gap between my belt and my body, i.o.w. the holster does not form to my body.

3. Are these holsters made to carry on the hip or at 4'o clock. What works for you guys that carry them 24/7?

4. Do I need to adjust the belt clips maybe?

5. Must I maar grin and bear it until the leather of the IWB is "worn in" and more flexible?

I used to carry my P07 in a R100. 00 el cheapo and it was way more comfortable, and now I have these and I am starting to dislike them. Hence I will check first, on the forum if the problems I am experienving are not user related

Below a foto for reference

Your help and advice gents are as aways valued and appreciated.

Regards
    Tommy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: IWB Holsters ??

I think, given time, the leather backing of that hybrid should form to your body. Just has to be worn in. My iwb for my Duty is all kydex. So no forming, but works ok. Also. I don't think its ever really going to be comfortable. You just got to get used to it.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

User

Nice holster btw.

User

Tommy. I bought mine at Huntex this year and have been wearing it eversince. I carry a Glock 19 at 4 o'clock. I use my own leather belt

I have had no issues with it and fits perfectly. Sometimes in some pants, the holster tends to move backwards - it helps if you have a belt loop to stop the front clip from sliding backwards

You probably just nee to get used to it

User

Draw and holster for a minimum of 100 times unloaded each day. And while you do that aim at a dot on a wall and dry fire. Do that every day for as long as you live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    ... I cannot get these holsters to fit comfortably .... it must be me. I used to carry my P07 in a R100. 00 el cheapo and it was way more comfortable, and now I have these and I am starting to dislike them.
    This is normal - it has to be adjusted and worn in. The leather backing is superb and forms to your body - usually up to three weeks. Oil it lightly in the evening and leave it overnight before dressing the next morning. Olive oil is good if there is nothing else. Leather oil is better.

1. It takes me a good 3minutes to get the holster in my pants and my belt tied.
    Normal - it gets faster with time.

2. Once this excercise is done, there is a gap between my belt and my body, i.o.w. the holster does not form to my body.
    Where is the gap? All around your body or just next to the holster? Some belts are supposed to form a tight, stiff ring around your body, others are supposed to form around your body.

3. Are these holsters made to carry on the hip or at 4'o clock. What works for you guys that carry them 24/7?
    Up to your own taste and wishes; it seems like the most people carry slightly behind the hip. You have to move it around until you have the comfortable spot.

4. Do I need to adjust the belt clips maybe?
    Probably - it cants the holster to the correct angle for your body type.

5. Must I maar grin and bear it until the leather of the IWB is "worn in" and more flexible?
    It takes time to wear in and shape, but should be very comfortable after a while.

Hybrid holsters, generally, work best in the 4 o'clock position. But people are different and some carry closer to 3 and others closer to 5. Basically, whatever works best for you. Personally I carry my MTAC at 4 or maybe a smidgen closer to 3:30 - this works for me.

If you wanted comfort out the bag, you should have gone MTAC. Well worth the extra cost. 10 minutes after I put it on the first time, I'd already forgotten it was there.

What I find with other hybrids, with a high cut front like on your P07 hybrid, especially if they are wider is that front bottom corner can bite you in the hip/leg fold when sitting. I have this issue on the local hybrid for my G30S.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

Just on point 4. I run my MTAC with quite a cant as I prefer the base of the butt tucked up under my ribs. Just works better for me. You'll need to determine which angle suits you.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Something to also consider regarding the gap you mentioned. Those holsters look similar to the older Old Faithful holsters, which were moulded flat. At least it appears that way from the pic.

Now I assume your hips, like most, are rounded rather than flat. So when you insert it inside a belt or waistband, it is forming a flat item to a round surface, and unless you get it spot on, it can leave strange gaps.

Not sure about the MTAC (I think so), but the IWB I have is moulded on a rounded surface, and confroms to the hip much better with a lot less stress on the kydex and the hip.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY82 View Post
    Nice holster btw.

Thank you Manny.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast