Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holsters ??

User

Default Re: IWB Holsters ??

Quote Originally Posted by R Scholtz View Post
    Draw and holster for a minimum of 100 times unloaded each day. And while you do that aim at a dot on a wall and dry fire. Do that every day for as long as you live.
    Lol - that sounds like a lot of p.t.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Lol - that sounds like a lot of p.t.

It will definitely wear the holsters in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Something to also consider regarding the gap you mentioned. Those holsters look similar to the older Old Faithful holsters, which were moulded flat. At least it appears that way from the pic.

Now I assume your hips, like most, are rounded rather than flat. So when you insert it inside a belt or waistband, it is forming a flat item to a round surface, and unless you get it spot on, it can leave strange gaps.

Not sure about the MTAC (I think so), but the IWB I have is moulded on a rounded surface, and confroms to the hip much better with a lot less stress on the kydex and the hip.
    Hi you are 100% correct. Once I fit the holster and tighten the belt, a gap forms between my waist and the holster. It is like te kydex pulling the waistband outward instead of fitting properly on my hip.

User

Hi you are 100% correct. Once I fit the holster and tighten the belt, a gap forms between my waist and the holster. It is like te kydex pulling the waistband outward instead of fitting properly on my hip.

Watch out for stress cracks in the kydex over time in the areas marked in red:

User

Tuning in

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Watch out for stress cracks in the kydex over time in the areas marked in red:

Hi Cockroach, tue only way I can carry the P07 holster is at 5 o'clock which is pointless for me because I have fairly short and stocky arms. This makes drawing the FA difficult for me and totally inaccessable while driving. I was thinking if I should not cut some of the excess kydex off ? IMO there is too much kydex on the holster.

My Beretta I can carry fairly comfortaby at 4 o'clock but my grip space is also limited. My waist size is 34 to 36 depending on pant make so I have an average size middle.

Should I maybe adjust the clips by moving them to top holes?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    This is normal - it has to be adjusted and worn in. The leather backing is superb and forms to your body - usually up to three weeks. Oil it lightly in the evening and leave it overnight before dressing the next morning. Olive oil is good if there is nothing else. Leather oil is better.

Normal - it gets faster with time.

Where is the gap? All around your body or just next to the holster? Some belts are supposed to form a tight, stiff ring around your body, others are supposed to form around your body.

Up to your own taste and wishes; it seems like the most people carry slightly behind the hip. You have to move it around until you have the comfortable spot.

Probably - it cants the holster to the correct angle for your body type.

It takes time to wear in and shape, but should be very comfortable after a while.
    Dankie for the advice Dominee, I have some dubbin that I can oil the leather with, to make it more flexible. I shall try that as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Tommy. I bought mine at Huntex this year and have been wearing it eversince. I carry a Glock 19 at 4 o'clock. I use my own leather belt

I have had no issues with it and fits perfectly. Sometimes in some pants, the holster tends to move backwards - it helps if you have a belt loop to stop the front clip from sliding backwards

You probably just nee to get used to it
    Hi Skip, do you also have the AA make? If you do would you mind to compare yours to the CZ and let me know if you have a wider leather area on which your belt clips are attached? (I hope my sentence makes sense )

User

Hi Cockroach, tue only way I can carry the P07 holster is at 5 o'clock which is pointless for me because I have fairly short and stocky arms. This makes drawing the FA difficult for me and totally inaccessable while driving. I was thinking if I should not cut some of the excess kydex off ? IMO there is too much kydex on the holster.

My Beretta I can carry fairly comfortaby at 4 o'clock but my grip space is also limited. My waist size is 34 to 36 depending on pant make so I have an average size middle.

Should I maybe adjust the clips by moving them to top holes?

Afraid I don't know the particular holster well enough to advise, only noted the earlier concerns from some similarities the other one I mentioned (and a bit of basic physics)

You are going to have to experiment a bit. Too low or too far forward and that backing is going to dig into your thigh

User

The AA IWB holsters look awesome and the neoprene backing on the leather makes it very comfortable. My brother in law has an AA holster that was custom made and due to the neoprene backing it is the first holster he can comfortably wear without incurring dermal problems. However, due to his skinny stature and the kydex being molded flat it does pull the backing away from the body, leaving two holes either side of the kydex holster against the body (almost like fitting a rectangle to a circle) with the ends pulled to the body by the belt. Having studied the holster our conclusion was that the wings on the kydex mold should have a curved shape that would help it form fit around the hips & waist. The curved shape however opens a different set of problems imo when considering the deformation of the flexible backing, retention and re-holstering of the FA. But as the more knowledgeable guys say, practice and play around with it and you should find its sweet-spot fit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast