Thread: what to do?

Default what to do?

hi guys, need some advice

talked with my grandad earlier and found out he hasn't done anything about his firearm license. his got a revolver lying in his safe. after much deliberation he decided he wants to get rid of it as he isn't up to jumping through the licensing hoops. as i understand the amnesty time has lapsed. can he still hand in his weapon to the police with no adverse effects? what other option is there?

thanks

"Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

guys please - if you have a licence - DO NOT HAND IT BACK, i cant stress that enough...DO NOT HAND IT IN - ITS VALID!!!!

User

Yes,the amnesty has passed BUT an HERE IS THE BIG BUT .............Do not let your granddad hand in his firearm because his old green licence is still valid untill the outcome of the courtcase!!!

Please,do not sell or hand in the firearm!!!!!He is still and will remain the legal licenced owner.Do not panic,the police wants you to panic and hand in the firearm so that they can use it in their statistics because they are to useless to go and find the illegal firearms!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindzeyva View Post
    guys please - if you have a licence - DO NOT HAND IT BACK, i cant stress that enough...DO NOT HAND IT IN - ITS VALID!!!!

THIS !!!!!!!

User

Yes, Please don`t hand in your firearms. Your old lisences are valid and your possesion of the firearms are legal untill the Constitutional Court rules otherwise.

And even, if they should rule against the hunters the court will definately give you time to re-apply or to hand in your firearm.

Don`t fall for the SAPS bullying tactics. What he also can do if he is scared is to "sell" the firearm to your Granny if she is still alive and get a storage permit in the meantime. Then he must offcourse buy a new one for himself

thanks for the quick replies and advice. will let him know.
    cheers