Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default So, which is better - RONI or KPOS?

Man I am interested in getting one of these as soon as I can afford it. The idea of not having to deal with the licensing nightmare really appeals to me. Finally I could take part in 3 gun in IDPA all the way.

Unless I have missed something, I haven't seen any recent talk about which one of these carbine conversion kits is the best to get?

The RONI appeals to me, I think it looks great, and seems to assemble quicker than the KPOS. The KPOS has the appeal of being very compact though. Seems it can be easily hidden under a jacket or something in a high risk situation.

What do you guys think?

User

Well at this stage I think it is all theoretical because I do not think anyone over here shot them side by side yet.

Main things for me personally to consider:

KPOS has folding stock / Roni has telescopic stock - take your pick - the one is shorter the other is adjustable.

Roni has a trigger "protector" that acts as a safety / the KPOS does not have it afaik - for me the trigger "protector" is important if you are going to stuff the Glock Carbine into a backpack loaded 1 up - if not loaded 1 up it's moot.

Roni allows the Glock to be inserted for use without any changes to the pistol so you can take it out and immediately use it as a handgun / KPOS does not allow same because the slide end plate nees to be removed and replaces - small issue?.

Roni takes two pins to be pushed, 3 movements on the stock, fold open and the reverse to insert the Glock / KPOS ??? I do not know.

KPOS stock to rail dimensions will allow for mini dots and Aimpoint Micro with lowmounts and without risers to be utilised so this may indicate a saving on mounting attachments if you wanted to put a Fastfire/Docter or similar and or a Aimpoint Micro on the rail. The Roni needs a M4 mount height and I think it was planned this way by CAA to allow for standard M4 type optic mounts and BUIS co-witness.

Roni Forward grip sits closer to bore than on KPOS - I have not fired the KPOS so I do not know if it has any practical bearing.

Roni allows ambidextrous manipulation on all controls / KPOS does not - importance is personal ??
    Last edited by DS; 22-04-2010 at 14:01.

User

Roni looks more Bad Ass!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

My RONI is on the way so i'll say RONI is better and it does look more bad ass.

User

While I don't really need a safety on a handgun its necessary on a long gun.

A handgun when holstered has the trigger covered. A carbine slung has an unprotected trigger so I want some sort of manual safety. So the lack thereof would be a deal breaker for me on a carbine conversion.

User

Maybe I missed it, but no one seems to have mentioned greatly increased weapon retention as a benefit of either, especially in a home defence scenario. IMO that would be a major drawcard. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but no one seems to have mentioned greatly increased weapon retention as a benefit of either, especially in a home defence scenario. IMO that would be a major drawcard. Am I missing something?
    If in a struggle the pistol is twisted out of it locking mechanism it could result some problems.
    I have no idea how strong the "lock up" is, so this is pure conjecture.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Yes if lockup is an issue then that could end poorly. Having a vertical foregrip and butt would seem to substantially increase retention potental though.

User

It will most prob aid in retention and the only place I can think of where the lock-up could be interfered with or out of battery could be induced is with the small charging levers sticking out either side.

User

RONI supplier answers e-mail querries quickly and intelligently.
    KPOS supplier ignores numerous e-mails although read-receipts show that they are opened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast