Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

I like the minimalist/'Commie' looks of the KPOS, but the RONI seems to offer substantially more. Not having to fiddle with the gun (endplate) is IMO a dealbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by HdV View Post
    RONI supplier answers e-mail querries quickly and intelligently.
    KPOS supplier ignores numerous e-mails although read-receipts show that they are opened.
    It is possible that, A spam filter got your mail.
    I personally answer tons of mail on a daily basis.
    PM me with any questions you may have about
    the KPOS or PM Your number & I'll get back to you
    ASAP.

Regards
    Tazio Resca

KPOS Clarification

Khumba: Roni allows the Glock to be inserted for use without any changes to the pistol so you can take it out and immediately use it as a handgun / KPOS does not allow same because the slide end plate nees to be removed and replaces - small issue?.

Doubletap: with the KPOS the pistol can be immediately removed and fired with no changes to the pistol. The end plate does not need to be removed
    the detented cocking lever pin can just be pulled

Khumba: Roni takes two pins to be pushed, 3 movements on the stock, fold open and the reverse to insert the Glock / KPOS ??? I do not know.
    Doubletap: The KPOS assembly may be a little slower but is not at all difficult, Slide the pistol into the housing, Lock down the cam pin, Insert rear plate,
    cam down stock, click in cross pin. Click in racker pin done.

Khumba: KPOS stock to rail dimensions will allow for mini dots and Aimpoint Micro with lowmounts and without risers to be utilised so this may indicate a saving on mounting attachments if you wanted to put a Fastfire/Docter or similar and or a Aimpoint Micro on the rail. The Roni needs a M4 mount height and I think it was planned this way by CAA to allow for standard M4 type optic mounts and BUIS co-witness.

Doubletap: The KPOS Rails are all Aluminum, With the KPOS The Pistols original sights can be used through the sight channel, It is not absolutely necessary "although preferable"
    to have additional red dot or Iron Sights Mounted on the top rail, Co Witness sights with Optic should be possible, or you can just use the Pistols Sights.
    Optics mounted to the KPOS can be mounted closer to the bore axis.

Khumba Roni Forward grip sits closer to bore than on KPOS - I have not fired the KPOS so I do not know if it has any practical bearing.
    Doubletap I have not fired the RONI But the marginal difference between the foregrip relation to the bore axis should be a non issue.

Khumba: Roni allows ambidextrous manipulation on all controls / KPOS does not - importance is personal ??

Doubletap: The KPOS Can be manipulated by both Left and Right handed users. The Pistol does not have an ambi slide or mag release,
    the KPOS controls are on the same side as the Pistols.

User

Watching these threads with interest. The Roni seems to have extra mag holder. This important or a decider?

With some of the issues certain Glock 22's have had with stoppages related to weaponlights mounted (due to restricted frame flex), I am interested to see whether or not these kits cause the same problem. I hope the people buying them for home-defence use will do a proper function test before staking their lives on them.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    With some of the issues certain Glock 22's have had with stoppages related to weaponlights mounted (due to restricted frame flex), I am interested to see whether or not these kits cause the same problem. I hope the people buying them for home-defence use will do a proper function test before staking their lives on them.
    +1000

Thorkind has identified what could be a huge issue here. There will not be loads of tests and reviews coming from the states on these kits since they require a federal license and tax stamp, and my guess is that 99% of any serious tests done so far are all with the 9mm Glocks. In addition, should the pistol malfunction while in the kit, can it quickly be cleared and put back into operation? Don't just look and 'assume' it can...set up verious malfunctions with dummy ammo and brass and try it for yourself.

If one of these things malfunctions during a close, fast fight can you get it cleared in time to matter? (serious question...I have never held one yet)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Not to worry, although I have fired about 250 rounds with my Roni and G19, but did not have the time to do a full test and article, I will get to this within the next couple of days!

User

Just had an opportunity to fire both RONI and KPOS side by side with several glocks. Will try put together an unbiased pros and cons featurette in a week or 2 (from a sport point of view! before the tactical freaks want my CV and body count)

User

Retention, the RONI looks like it will fire even with a bad guy hanging on the front...
    Just the little cocking handle must be free.

User

Douletap thanks for clarifications.

I did not intend the post to be a pro and con but rather indicating differences because pro and cons are not necessarily the same for everyone

some more comments or observation from my side:

1) Khumba: Roni allows the Glock to be inserted for use without any changes to the pistol so you can take it out and immediately use it as a handgun / KPOS does not allow same because the slide end plate nees to be removed and replaces - small issue?.

Doubletap: with the KPOS the pistol can be immediately removed and fired with no changes to the pistol. The end plate does not need to be removed
    the detented cocking lever pin can just be pulled

Khumba: does this mean you can take the Glock (for example) out of the KPOS and use it and holster it without any changes like it can be done with use in the Roni?

2) Khumba: Roni takes two pins to be pushed, 3 movements on the stock, fold open and the reverse to insert the Glock / KPOS ??? I do not know.

Doubletap: The KPOS assembly may be a little slower but is not at all difficult, Slide the pistol into the housing, Lock down the cam pin, Insert rear plate,
    cam down stock, click in cross pin. Click in racker pin done.

3) Khumba: KPOS stock to rail dimensions will allow for mini dots and Aimpoint Micro with lowmounts and without risers to be utilised so this may indicate a saving on mounting attachments if you wanted to put a Fastfire/Docter or similar and or a Aimpoint Micro on the rail. The Roni needs a M4 mount height and I think it was planned this way by CAA to allow for standard M4 type optic mounts and BUIS co-witness.

Doubletap: The KPOS Rails are all Aluminum, With the KPOS The Pistols original sights can be used through the sight channel, It is not absolutely necessary "although preferable"
    to have additional red dot or Iron Sights Mounted on the top rail, Co Witness sights with Optic should be possible, or you can just use the Pistols Sights.
    Optics mounted to the KPOS can be mounted closer to the bore axis.

Khumba: Roni rails are also aluminium.

Sight over bore axis is not a problem as long as you know about it and understand it as thousands of M4 Flat top (and similar platforms) users can attest to - Zero at 25m and a 3" - 4" site over bore on the Roni gives about same height difference in POA and minus/lower POI up to 10 meters and then diminishes to 25m and from bcomes plus/positive towards 50m. Bottom line is do not worry about it unless you need to shoot someone in the eye or want to do bulls eye shooting.

4) Khumba Roni Forward grip sits closer to bore than on KPOS - I have not fired the KPOS so I do not know if it has any practical bearing.

Doubletap I have not fired the RONI But the marginal difference between the foregrip relation to the bore axis should be a non issue.

Khumba: except if one is an AR shooter with a thumb over rail grip with the support hand in which instance the Roni may be preferred. There are many shooters shooting the "new tyle" of not gripping the forward vertical grip in a hammer grip because having the thumb over the forward handguard or quad rail gives more control over the weapon than gripping the FVG in a hammer grip.

5) Khumba: Roni allows ambidextrous manipulation on all controls / KPOS does not - importance is personal ??

Doubletap: The KPOS Can be manipulated by both Left and Right handed users. The Pistol does not have an ambi slide or mag release,
    the KPOS controls are on the same side as the Pistols.

Khumba: I am actually alluding to the fact that the Roni bolt can be manipulated when mounted, from both the right hand shoulder and the left hand shoulder, due to the fact that the charging lever/handle is present on both sides of the carbine. I may be mistaken but I am under the impression that the KPOS has a charging handle on the left hand side and not on the right hand side of the unit?.

These are differences that may be important or not to some users and it may even pass by some without them ever thinking about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast