Default Help for depression

Upon arriving home yesterday I was looking at the big tree in my front yard and felt this sudden urge to run over and hug it. I resisted, but then I saw a fuzzy bunny on the TV last evening and I felt sad that he might be killed and eaten by predators, and again I felt an urge to hug the little guy and sing 'Kumbaya'.

Well screw THAT! >:(

I determined through a long session of self analysis that I was in the midst of depression...you guys can guess why...so today I went to buy a new G26. No one had any and did not know when they would, so I figured what the Hell and picked up another G19. Since I don't like to see grown men cry I won't tell you what I paid, but it was much less than the going rate in SA. With all the Glock mags, holsters and parts I have now it just made sense to stick with a winner. (I did look hard at the S&W M&P compact 9 but like the Glocks a bit more I think.)

That is all. ;D
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Default Re: Help for depression

Its amazing how much better one can feel after spending some money, especially when it isn't something that's needed, but wanted, just because.

I made 2 similar calls this week, one had no stock and the other had increased their price by R800 from last month because of the drop in the rand? even though it was in stock. OK, it's R800, but its the principal that gets me more than the money., so I bought tickets to the rugby instead.

And I too may have a G19 in my near future, there are 2 in my peripheral vision, either one will do. ;D And no, please don't mention any prices.

Ikor, I could swop you a chain saw for the 19 you know, I know you want too. ;D

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Well, broet, I just happen to have a very nice Husquavarna chainsaw that has seen little use since new, so I think not, but thanks for the offer. ;D

The Rand's recent drop has caused what...almost 20%?...drop in value lately and I know that hits working folks hard. I don't think it will stay there for long but who really knows? I can say that if the massive market for Glocks begins to dry up here in the states, the prices will go even higher in other parts of the world, so I would likely jump on the first decent one I saw in SA at a fair price. In fact, I may soon be in the market for either a G19 / 26 or maybe a H&K P2000 LEM in SA for someone very near and dear.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Sounds like you spoke someone round hpy180

Now go sort out that tree and you won't be tempted with any more hugs. You know its only going to drop more leaves next year. ;D
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Combination of some hijackings, transit robberies and a home invasion nearby plus me whispering in her ear about being defensless in spite of 'feeling safe', but for sure I did play a part, as did Mike here on the site.

The tree is a damned sycamore with leaves the size of dinner plates, and in the fall it does, indeed, create a mess...but in summer it gives most excellent shade from the western sun. ;D
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

If you need help finding that certain item for that certain person let me know I'll be happy to help ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    If you need help finding that certain item for that certain person let me know I'll be happy to help ;)
    Hey Broet!

I just may at that. I would like to see her get her permit application and competency certificate in to the authorities all at the same time if that is the best method, and I have left enough RRR in place to get either pistola at new prices in SA today, so I just may call on you at some point. I fear her resolve weakens when I depart but Mike is a mighty force and his spouse also wants to learn, so that is all to the good. She also has a friend (female) who owns a revolver and wants to shoot some, so we will see. For certain sure I appreciate the offer!

Women feel better when several can go at the same time...seen it many times.IM me with details on joining FBGC if you will...I think that would be a good idea no matter what.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Wish I could just go pick up a gun, on a whim.... USA! USA!