Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Skaapie, what about a heavy duty black sewing thread?
    A fly fishing shop gave me about 100m of dacron backing for free. It's smoother than sewing thread. It needs to be able to slide along objects with minimal resistance.

I think sewing thread will catch.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Default Re: www.tacqm.co.za Bang Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Then this shop is pulling a fast one. I saw the spiderwire brand. For R599. 20lbs breaking strength.
    There is Spiderwire for that price but i thats the sea fishing version
    I bought this while back, price has gone up to R159 for 100m 10 or 15lb. Its fresh water braid and works nice for rigs.
    http://www.bass.co.za/1048-spiderwir...id-moss-green-

I would think that cotton would stretch too much for this purpose and might not pop the pin. I dont have this device but am definitely looking :)

Have them set up. The fly reel backing didn't work, so just put it up at the main pressure points.

Feels VERY specops, though. Especially seeing the device at night
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Most cords that have some stretch will give ample warning before being triggered. Especially at extended distances. I had a 30m perimeter that I wanted to cover and installed 2 units for this. Most of the cords that I tried had to much stretch and I was able to get about 10-15cm of movement on a straight string, straight not taught. I would recommend something like electric fence cable or something a little thinner. even the thin wire (bind draad) would probably work better than cord. Fishing trace should do a great job but would be expensive.

User

I'll never forget the look on the guys face that unknowingly set one of these off right next to himself at our workshop after I had to go straight to a job in the morning and I forgot to remind my right hand man to disarm them :) I made it back just in time to hear alot of swearing and something mentioned about unions and the ccma right after the sharp bang , I suppose me just about passing out from laughter didn't help the cause but I can definitely vouch for the effectiveness of this device once triggered .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3