Page 1 of 211 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    User

Default Firearms Licence: How long did you wait?

How long did you wait for your new competency and licences? I applied for a new competency and 2 new licences.

User

Default Re: how long did jou wait

+- 10 months for competency, another two months for the actual license card. Results may vary.

Hopefully you gave in a good motivation. It is hard to estimate your chances. It can be random at times. All I can say is I was surprised I got mine without a fight, although obviously I had reason for the firearm, I had only witnessed violent crime and not been a victim. Keep calling the CFR, I did.. weekly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    how long did jou wait for jour new compatincy and licences? I apliad for a new compatincy and 2 new licences.
    3 months for pistol/shotgun/rifle competancy, 3 months for both section 15 licenses and SD license.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    how long did jou wait for jour new compatincy and licences? I apliad for a new compatincy and 2 new licences.
    3 months for pistol/shotgun/rifle competancy, 3 months for both section 15 licenses and SD license.
    brendan where and when did you apply? IM being patient, only submitted competency and new pistol licence together on september 25

User

Wow man that is really good, to only wait 3 months for competency! as vaughan said where did you apply? :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    brendan where and when did you apply? IM being patient, only submitted competency and new pistol licence together on september 25
    I applied in March this year, got my licenses in early June. I applied at Linden SAPS, I happen to know the DFO very well, which helps I'm sure.

User

i applied at silverton a month ago and they stil havent done the inspection or finished the interviews.

User

i applied at silverton a month ago and they stil havent done the inspection or finished the interviews.
    Dude, you need to be patient, it doesn't happen over night.
    You will normally wait 3-6 months for the safe inspection and interviews, before your competancy is even approved.
    Just the way it works now days...

I submitted my handgun & shotgun competency app at the end of Jan and it's only now in for final consideration. If I'm lucky it will be granted before the end of the year. That makes it almost a 1 year wait.

Although most of my rifle licenses apps averaged six months I've been waiting for a 270 license since Feb, still reflects as only being received at the CFR??

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the process at all. I've also submitted an app for 22-250 (end July) which amazingly is still at my DFO. Where the director of the CFR gets his three month turnaround time on new licenses he was proudly shouting in parliament some time back who knows

Damn!! You guys are lucky I submitted mine the end of April this year and they haven't even started with the interviews or safe inspection. So the chances of me getting the licences before the end of the year are absolutely ZERO. md217

Page 1 of 211 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast