Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SADPA group email - Shotgun ad

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    OK, let me tell you where the rubber meets the road here.

There are many dealers who support SADPA, and have for many years, both by way of sponsorships of competitions, professional time spent working for SADPA, etc, etc. None of us (yes, Tac SHAC is one of those dealers) has ever dared to try to tout our wares on SADPA Yahoo Groups. But a non-supporting dealer gets punted by the Chairman???
    Methinks the Kaptein should put that in his Pyp... and light it up (yes, smoke it).

And before anyone bitches. Yes, I do not shoot IDPA. Yes, I am not a SADPA member. That however doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. The joys of public forums.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Methinks the Kaptein should put that in his Pyp... and light it up (yes, smoke it).

And before anyone bitches. Yes, I do not shoot IDPA. Yes, I am not a SADPA member. That however doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. The joys of public forums.
    Jip I light it up bud. Just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein_Pyp View Post
    Jip I light it up bud. Just for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Exactly bud. You must never take life to serious. Have a great day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein_Pyp View Post
    Exactly bud. You must never take life to serious. Have a great day.

Same!

User

I appreciate the apology email maar die koeël is deur die kerk. Everybody who does anything for SADPA is a volunteer. That doesnt mean we shouldnt try our best when we do our bit. Nonsense like this does reputational damage. Of which SADPA has had plenty of incidents lately.

User

I have been a member of SADPA for many years and seen first hand, the amount of money and time the firearm industry,partners and dealers have put into the sport. Without them I doubt the sport would exist, I will be for ever grateful to them as my kids are also now enjoying the benefits in the sport. This is definitely no way to thank them for what they have done for our sport, and a one line apology does not just undo what was done.

User

I got a call from City Guns regarding their deal on the MOSSBERG JM PRO shotgun and immediately offered to share it with our members. If someone is interested in buying one, why not? I would do it for any dealer that sends an email or calls, regardless of who they are. I honestly don't think it was a case of showing favouritism to any one dealer (wrt to the email sent out), they just happened to ask. I'm sure if anyone else asked it would have been forwarded as well. Isn't a good deal on a gun (if this indeed was, I don't know) not in the interest of members who do not know about it? I share all deals I see here with our members on a regular basis, especially Tac Shac, 480BC, Dave sheer etc when they advertise. Does that mean I don't like dealer this or that? It doesn't, it's just something I share for the greater good of our members that caught my eye or was brought to my attention.

User

If I don't like an email, I delete it or ignore it. Same with comments I don't like, I don't have to read it, it's my choice. What if this was a bargain offered to SADPA members only, would there still have been so many complaints?

Edit: For the reason stated by Khumba I agree, if it was so decided not to send mails like this, it shouldn't have been done but then, be angry for the right reason. There seems to be a lot of built up anger in this thread....

User

Do you really think that sharing store adverts should become a regular thing the Sadpa mailing list is used for?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast