Thread: Rimfire scope

User

Default Rimfire scope

hi, I am busy putting a scope on my new .22lr
    the rifle will be use to train my 2 young sons to use a rifle scope, general hunting of birds and target practise.

I have a Vortex Crossfire 4-12x44 available. my question is do I have to get a specific type of scope for the .22 or will the normal hunting/ rifle scope do the job?
    how about parallax?
    praat ek luister

Default Re: Rimfire scope

Have a look at Hawks scopes with 22lr reticle! 3-9x40 with IR. Put one on my Brno22, managed first time hits out to 200m on steel plates! Available in HV or Sub's

Expect to pay R2500

Sent from my PSP5508DUO using Tapatalk

User

Use the Vortex that you have.

User

I used my Lynx 3-9x40 coming out of my 308 on my. 22. I did have to send it to Lynx for a parallax change though. It was done free of charge and it works great. If You don't have another use for the Vortex, why buy a new scope? A bit more magnification that required will not harm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Use the vortex.

The scope will be set parallax free at 100 yards.
    As long as your eye is centered in the scope [no edge shadows],you will not have any hassles at closer ranges.

User

100 yards with a .22 is a lot of fun but you will really spend most of the time shooting seriously at 50-75 yards and in. Especially when the wind is blowing. It is best to have a scope that will parallax down at least as close as 25 yards. I like 10Y if possible, especially if shooting tactical matches where you may have to engage targets from around 10Y all the way out to 100Y. I would definitely go for a variable power scope with an adjustable objective or side focus over a fixed parallax.

Also, for .22 look for a scope with the finest/thinnest reticle you can find. You don't want a reticle that is blocking your aiming point by being too thick.

Remember that with a fixed parallax scope you are always locked in to that parallax. But if you get a scope with an adjustable parallax, you can leave it set where you are shooting most....but if need to make adjustments for parallax for closer distances, you have the capability.

My buddy just put a Vortex Diamondback with AO on his new CZ 455 Varmint and loves it. The parallax adjustment on this Diamondback is 10Y to infinity.

Ive put the Hawke on my 455 22lr. With the 22hv recticle.

You shoot the crosshairs in at 50m. And thats it. Its then got markings on the crosshair for past 100m.
    And they are spot on with Winchesters ive tried. Swartklip standard. Slightly off at 100m.
    But swartklip is not HV.

User

so I've put my vortex on and it works great at 25 - 100 meters.
    no problem!