User

Default Advice on Norinco NZ75

There is a security guard at the complex where I live who has just received the license for his late fathers NZ75. He is a pretty decent guy and I helped him strip the gun and it looks in very good condition. Put some lube on and gave him some S&B FMJ for the time being.

Questions:
    1) What is the best way to carry this gun?
    2) The decocker (and safety) works, however when you decock it, it gives a sharp whack which I am not used to in terms of CZ's and Sigs. Is this normal?

And one that is about ammo, he went to a gunshop and bought what looks like FMJ loaded into Speer silver brass. Would these be reloaded rounds? He said he paid R350 for 50 which is pretty ridiculous if they were.

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Advice on Norinco NZ75

My very first handgun was a NZ75 and it was a pretty good shooter. I sold it mainly because it couldn't be cocked and locked which I required as a ready position for sport shooting. Nowadays with Production Division it would fit right in.

It's been like 20 years ago (Got it at 17 under the previous act, good old days!) but if memory serves me right the hammer went all the way forward when the safety was engaged as the firing pin was "locked" somehow. Dropping that safety lever with a round in the chamber was a bit nerve wrecking, I remember. But that is the only way to carry 1-up as far as I know, once the hammer has dropped you can choose whether you want the safety engaged or not. Personally I wouldn't bother with the safety if it is already de-cocked.

User

I cant remember if those have a firing pin safety. If not they may need the safety to be engaged to be drop safe.

Pollie, off topic. But can I assist by donating an original NZ-75 magazine for him ? Please send me a PM if interested.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Pollie, off topic. But can I assist by donating an original NZ-75 magazine for him ? Please send me a PM if interested.
    Awesome man, thanks

Drop me a mail on pdhfas (at) gmail.com and I'll arrange courier

Inbound.

User

Special thanks to Killzone who supplied the guy with a great condition extra mag and a leather holster, top man!

An absolute pleasure !

User

Very nice killzone
    Thats what makes this a community not just a website