Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: LED Maglite - which batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    That is true, but that is the reason for the machined wooden/plastic insert. I have 2 maglites but they are not the best flash lights, even with the LED conversion but they surely are the best multi purpose club around. (a not so gentle, persuation tool)
    True words!

I find that with the average use my Maglites are subjected to, the alkaline batteries die of old age long before they are used up. That would make a rechargeable setup unnecessary. If you use it every day (night), rechargeables might be a good option.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Got two pristine Maglites from Mr Medic this morning - thanks again! Now I need to feed them. Which batteries do I use?

Energizer Lithium has a good name but are expensive (R160/4?).

I consider rechargeables, but which ones?
    I use Duracell. The batteries in my 3cell LED maglite lasted more than four years. But they leaked a white substance and I struggled to get them out of the torch.
    Remember to often open the torch and check the batteries. This also happened to two maglites of a family member. The one is stuck beyond repair- the other one I got the batteries out with a drillbit.

User

No more duracell batteries for me thank you. Had them destroy a few head lamps including a petzel and a torch or 2.
    For my all my lights I now use energizer batteries or Led Lenser AAA if I can find.
    3 D cell Maglight gets new batteries when we go on a big camp and I cant remember if the batteries was bought last year or the year before. It also lives permanently in my bakkie and get used often

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

My 3 ''D'' cell mag light gets fed Duracell copper tops or energizer,. I change them every 3 months.....more if I have been using it a lot.

that is the one kept in my pick-up./bakkie.. my waterproof/underwater PELICAN takes 2''c'' batteries but that one lives in my 18 foot fishing boat/ along with a cheap model and several sets of spare ''c ''.

all my headlamps now have ''aaa'' or ''aa'' and again, coppertop Duracell or energizers, depending who has a sale on them.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2