Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

Guys please stop what you are doing, remove any headwear, bow your heads and let’s have a moments silence: this thread really is dead!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Fuck I missed it, discovered too late Barnes Vortx 110 grain at Bellum Arcus. Did anybody manage to snag some?
    I have a box of 110gr Tac TX if you're looking

anyone try the Hornady 190gr subX ammo or the bullets for reloading
    im waiting for my Card for a !6.5 inch howa bolt action
    want to start getting my reloading gear ready

User

How compatible are the standard lowers found on most local ARs with a 300 upper. So let's take a Norinco CQA as an example. Will a 9" 300 upper shooting supersonics require a change in buffer weight?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    How compatible are the standard lowers found on most local ARs with a 300 upper. So let's take a Norinco CQA as an example. Will a 9" 300 upper shooting supersonics require a change in buffer weight?
    It depends on your muzzle device, and lots of other factors.

The lowers should all be physically compatible.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Depending on how the barrel is gassed it might require a buffer change, but my experience is that generally you would not need to swap it, but want too swap it.
    If I were going to use a 300blk upper on a shared lower I would use an adjustable gas block tuned to function on the lower.

In my instance (forgetting I have a complete firearm). I use an adjustable gas block that is tuned to run my Subs unsupressed using a Vltor A5H0 buffer.

A standard Carbine buffered lower could be used and the upper tuned in exactly the same manner.

If you don't want to use an adjustable gas block. I found the 300blk does shoot nicer with a heavier buffer and that most 5.56 rifles will still function just fine with an H1 or H2 buffer.

User

Thanks . That answers that. Just seeing what uppers are available. Need to start making enquiries, I know the Radical uppers were available at one point.

Banned

Thanks . That answers that. Just seeing what uppers are available. Need to start making enquiries, I know the Radical uppers were available at one point.
    Saw a Daniel Defense upper advertised today on one of the telegram groups for 21k

User

I am going to test some 188gr Peregrine Sub Sonic loads pretty soon, the dummy round feeds, does not hang up on the mag and feedramp and extracts fine too!
    It's pre-scored to expand as low as 500fps
    12.1gr of Hodgdons CFE BLK Powder

Pic is next to a 143gr PMP Bullet

User

This Blackout thing is starting to look more and more interesting for me. I don't have an AR which feels wrong and I make cast and powdercoated bullets which these things seem to like.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast