User

Default Spyderco Cara Cara

What do you guys think of Spyderco's Chinese-made Byrd line? Reviews I've read seem very favourable, and I'm on the verge of ordering.

Thumbs up Byrd Knives

Hi Analyst

I had the Cara Cara a couple of years ago and I was very very impressed. I think the Byrd range's prices are kept down by the fact that the production is Chinese and the materials are mid-range. But this comes with two very important qualifiers:

1) the QC is done by Spyderco to a Spyderco spec;
    2) the materials are mid-range - this is not the same as saying that they are bad materials (the blade steel is equivalent to a very acceptable AUS 8).

The result is a very good knife, with an excellent fit&finish, made of decent materials, and at a comparatively excellent price point.

I would definitely pick one up again. Byrd knives are great for EDC (though for EDC I would steer clear of the heavier all steel versions), and because they are relatively inexpensive, you shouldn't have any qualms about using them.

Default Re: Spyderco Cara Cara

I've heard some good reviews

Default Re: Spyderco Cara Cara

I carried the large cara cara for long time.A good knife with a long cutting surface and the handle lends its self to a few differant grips.It also has a realy good lock up system with a Doyel indent in the release mechnism.I found here easy to keep very sharp.I was more than happy to use to look after myself where the Betsy was not allowed.
    This is a light knife with a big blade that offers a number of carry options.
    You wont be sorrry